I got "The Rarest Bali-Song in the World"!?!

Thanks to everyone for their kind words! I owe a whole bunch to JAXURMAN for working so hard to put this deal together for me; I really hosed things up on my end but he hung in there with me for several weeks and, as they say, the rest is history.....;) I also must thank Don Rearic for hooking me up with Jack and doing some preliminary scouting. I promise you that it really stands out from the rest of the balis I have! :D

Originally posted by BalisongMan
7Cain: coupla reasons you don't see the signature [clearly] in the other pics:

The very first pic is showing the whole bali, the lighting is not right to see the signature and the angle is wrong.
For the last pic if you look closely you can faintly see "Jody" scratched into the blade, it is a lighter color than the rest of the blade.
Hope this helps. :)

Yes it did!:D I did not have any doubts AT ALL! However now that I have adjusted my monitors brightness "I SEE THE TRUTH OF IT!" I HAVE TO GO CHANGE MY SHORTS AGAIN!!!:D :D !!!!

Dudley,

No problem Dude. You have a Manila Latch Scimitar! And a five inch Kris!!! :eek:

I figured you may as well go all the way at that point.

I've seen alot of nice Balisongs, never heard of one like this one. And ya got it!

Put her with those other two, if they mate, send me the offspring. :D

Sure it is .. the more the merrier! I can do with the grandschildren ..:D

DD should be the king of collectors ... as far as I know ... with his good luck always at par with his hardwork collecting ...!!!

I wish I am as lucky as he is ...

Hi Dudley,
Thanks for your email. Eric Bedoy and Jody Samson made the custom Bali-Songs in those days. Jody ground the blades and Eric did most of the finish work. You have a very rare knife. Neither Les or I can remember making more than a few titanium handles until the model 42. I'm curious about who you bought the knife from. It may jog my memory even more since I was doing all the invoicing and customer service in those days too.
Enjoy your new gem!
Regards,
Roberta

I got this today and was happy to get some more information on the knife!;) :D :D :D

Photopoint pulled the plug and I, so far, have lost all of my pictures.......:(.... I did a post yesterday about Photopoint and their parent company, Epson. Hopefully the pictures will be accessible again this Thursday........we'll see. :confused:

Noooooooo!! Stupid photopoint! I didn't get to see the pics, and there's all these people saying how beautiful this knife is... :( Now I'm anxious to see it for myself! Hope they go up again soon!

Originally posted by PeaceFrog
Hope they go up again soon!
Let's be thankful all Dawkind lost are the photo's? He still has the bali, and even if it's a pain, I'm sure he'll take more pictures if we ask nicely. Especially since he's upgraded his drop cloth. :D

I haven't even seen the pictures yet..., but I know which one it is. :)

Congratulations Dudley..., really nice knife that I actually didn't think would be sold for a while!

"Hunters seek what they [WANT].., Seekers hunt what they [NEED]"

Damn I haven't seen them yet. I can't die yet I'm to young and there are so many worlds left to conquer...I mean balis to get.

I figured since Dudley was putting up pics of everything else I would resurface this thread in an attempt to see this one.

What kind of blade grind is that? It reminds me of a straight razor, the way its curved and sweeps up to the center of the blade, like that. It's very beautiful, I must say!

Okay that is the most beautiful vision i have ever seen (I don't get out much).

Thank you for imparting this vision on me. I can go to Nirvana now.

Excellent! This is a ridiculous thing to notice w/ all that knife, but... I really like the pins! They're adjustable but sort of smoothed out - on non-anodized handles they'd be as close to the polished/invisible pins as you could get keeping the good features of the adjustiness. Amazing.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I cant see the pictures!!!!

ah, nevermind, i found the new link...

pssshh...i got one of those in my basement, its keeping my computer desk leveled. :rolleyes:

hehe..oh man thats sweet!
Yet another beautiful bali Dawkind

OK people couple of thing to point out.

1) That's the only BM custom with a Samson blade in it that has adjusted pins that I've ever seen.
2) Those Ti handles are milled out of Ti stock, so you're talking about the $1000 option.
3) Those Ti handles are anodized, which at the time was a very expensive proposition as not that many people knew how to do it.

So in that context, let all bow to Eric and Jody for giving us an example of what a true masterpiece BM Custom can be....

Back