I have $45 to spend at Bass Pro Shop. What to get?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gear, Survival Equipment & More' started by Preacher Man, May 3, 2014.

1. Preacher Man

Preacher Man Moderator Moderator

Jan 28, 2005
    Recently I got a $25 gift card for Bass Pro Shop. I'm thinking of putting another $20. What do I get? I'm considering the LifeStraw water filter and a paracord bracelet with ferrocium toggle closure. What would you suggest?

2. fatcat55

fatcat55

Jan 1, 2010
    If you are a fisherman BPS makes some pretty decent plastic baits and I have had good luck with BPS Excel mono line. Some of the Redhead brand men's clothes have held up well over several years of regular wear. I don't know of any non BPS branded items that cannot be found at better prices elsewhere. Watch for a BPS sale and you can often find BPS items at pretty good savings.

3. Bowman1911

Bowman1911

Dec 12, 2010
    Put it toward that new lantern they're selling by streamlight! I'm not a lantern guy, but that thing's the bees knees!

4. Mannlicher

Mannlicher

Nov 19, 2008
    I'd pick up a new Lodge Cast iron piece

5. Preacher Man

Jan 28, 2005
    I hand't though of artificial baits, but that is a really good idea. Now that you mention Redhead cloths, I've been thinking of getting a vest for a while now. Thanks for the suggestions.

6. Preacher Man

Jan 28, 2005
    That or the Schrade survival hatchet would have been my choices if I didn't have them already. After playing with it for a while I can tell you the Streamlight Siege is awesome; extremely bright on high, very useful brightness settings, excellent battery life, has many use and hanging options, and is built to last.

7. Preacher Man

Jan 28, 2005
    I've never personally used cast iron, so I wouldn't know how to cook with it. I've been interested in a dutch oven, but those run more than I'm willing to spend now.

8. Preacher Man

Jan 28, 2005
    Some other of their goodies that catch my eye are the Camilus Cuda and either a Smith and Wesson or a Browning throwing knives set. ┬┐Does anyone has any experience with any of these?

9. Bowman1911

Bowman1911

Dec 12, 2010
    Good to hear a review on it! Like I said, I'm not really a lantern guy, but I'm really likin' the Siege!

10. Bob W

Bob W

Dec 31, 2000
    I could sure use another of those Columbia fishing/outdoor shirts. Bought one to try last year, and I really like it. Good for fishing, great for hiking, super-great for hiking in hot jungle-ish conditions. :thumbup:

Otherwise, I'd just buy $45 worth of Mepps spinners. :D

11. sicily02

sicily02

Nov 23, 2005
    Well what ever you get post a pic so we can see what you got at that awesome place. Edgar, I was at the one in Council Bluffs Ia. a few weeks back. I love to go lol.

Bryan

12. Codger_64

Codger_64 Moderator Moderator

Oct 8, 2004
    I have several of these shirts as well. I love them for the bodacious pockets and the back venting. The lightweight material dries quickly and is reasonably cool in the sun as well.

Worden's Roostertails in Firetiger for stream fishing. :p

13. Preacher Man

Jan 28, 2005
    Than you for all the suggestions.

Bryan, Good to "hear" from you. I'll definitely post about what I get.

Michael, I'll give those shirts a look.

14. Preacher Man

Jan 28, 2005
    Update.

An awesome member of this forum blessed me with a paracord bracelet and a like-new Cold Steel Gunsite II. Wolf-man-12 was kind enough to send me the items. The paracord bracelet is a little small and I gave it to my middle son Michael for earning his Arrow of Light.

My son Michael with the bracelet and his Arrow of Light
    1Bracelet.jpg
    3 Arrow of Light.jpg

The Gunsite II is in near-mint condition and in its original box.
    Gunsite iid.jpg

What can I say? I'm very grateful to wolf-man-12. My son is very happy with the bracelet and I love the knife. This is the kind of members we have here.

15. sicily02

sicily02

Nov 23, 2005
    That is awesome.