i have a schrade scrimshaw...

knife. the markings on it are
SCHRADET
USASC503
it is signed by F. Giorgianni

i tried googling it, and nothing but this forum came up. if anyone has any info on it, i would be really appreciative! thank you all so much!

(1979) - 503SC - Trout - 3 7/8" Gunstock Trapper pattern
(1980) - 503SC - Bass
(1981) - 503SC - Gar
(1982) - 503SC - Trout
(1983) - 503SC - Catfish
(1984) - 503SC - Trout
(1985) - 503SC - Alligator
(1986) - 503SC - Steelhead
(1987) - 503SC - Otters
(1988) - 503SC - Sunfish/Perch
(1989) - 503SC - Two Bass
(1990) - 503SC - Speckled Trout
(1991) - 503SC - Fly Fisherman w/ Rainbow Trout
(1992) - 503SC - Two Geese Landing Right
(1993) - 503SC - Pike
(1994) - 503SC - Bass
(1995) - 503SC - Three Crappie
(1996) - 503SC - Salmon

If anyone spots an error or omission, please let me know so I can correct it.
Michael

....1995 was a pretty unimaginative year...3 Crappies..does it say who laid them? Hoo Roo

That was funny Larry! Want to trade some crappie for some roo sacks? Yee Haw
Thanks for the list Codger.
Has anyone ever see or heard of a Schrade with the skrim of a possum?

....with only 2 posts to your credit mate I think your taking the crappies out of me and you should respect the Senior posters!!!!!! Welcome you sound like our kind of poster mate. Is Yee Haw Hillbilly for Hoo Roo??

I have a 1993 503SC Scrimshaw Limited Edition with two bass feeding on the handle and no "scrimshaw" etch on the blade. It is the same as the one in the 1989 Schrade advertisement with the picture of the bald eagle in the background on the "collectors of schrade" site.

It's one of my favorites - it came with the traditional blue and white "scrimshaw" box with the mountain lake scene on the front, the white cardboard sleeve, a sheepskin "registration certificate" (where I got the 1993 date from) and the blue warranty/product registration/proper use/sharpening/message from Walter A. Gardiner paperwork. It is supermint and I don't care about the resale value, 'cause I will not sell this one ever!

My question is, does anyone else out there have an 503SC without the blade etch? I notice that the picture Codger posted doesn't have the etch on the blade either, but all the advertisements all have the etch on the blade. Is a scrim without the etch common?

Bill, Mr Vickery???
Geeze. Please call me Larry or lrv even Irv if you will.
So formal. :D

TTYL

....with only 2 posts to your credit mate I think your taking the crappies out of me and you should respect the Senior posters!!!!!! Welcome you sound like our kind of poster mate. Is Yee Haw Hillbilly for Hoo Roo??

Ah So Senior Larry303! Point well taken and excuse me if I offended anyone. Tell me about the Hoo Roo? You must speak some Hillbilly as you knew Yee Haw was a hillbilly thing. Yee Haw is usually a happy expresssion unless one is on the wrong end, like when a stranger walks into a Redneck Bar and hears a very loud Yee Haw,, after that, your guess is a good as mine. Thanks for the welcome to the forum!

Thanks El Lobo for the info on the Possom knife!

Just showing respect for my ELDERS.....OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH!!!...there goes the flag for a PERSONAL foul on
El Lobo.

J/K of course.....Irv. :D

TTYL
bILL

P. S.
The site has really come a long way, and I know many folks refer to it for information quite regularly. Well done, sir...er, I mean, LARRY. :thumbup: :thumbup:

the knife has 2 big fish feeding on smaller fish. i know its older, bc it was my grandfathers, and he passed away in the 80's. it is signed by f. giorgianni. thanks all!

I'll resurrect this thread by saying I just acquired the "two bass" scrim in unused condition and was pleased to learn of it's timeline through El Lobo's link and Codger's list.
Thank you [Schrade 1989 brochure]

Last edited:
Gasouthernboy, those are really nice scrims.
I can see why you like your "favorites"
I've got a stockman coming featuring Ducks. Like your "89" I think.

Back