I just got my first Chris Reeve today!!

AVP

Hello everyone,

My small Sebenza came in the mail today and I love it! I do have one question though. It came with the classic 2000 blade and the regular (new) handle. Any thoughts on why that happened? I like it the way it is, just wondering. So you know, it is pre-owned but in really good condition. On the inside of each handle it says "C 00". I'm guessing it was made in 2000, right?

Anyway, it's great to be an owner of a Chris Reeve knife! They really are very well made!

Angelo

Congrats on your sebbie, and welcome to the forums. I know you are going to have your knife for years, i have a small plain and it is great. I am saving my money for a Small woodie i have on order.

Sounds like the original owner may have ordered it from CRK with the "small swedge" option. I was thinking about doing that when I got my first Sebbie, but I just couldn't wait so I ordered the first one I saw. It is without a doubt one of the best knives I have ever owned.

-Al-

Welcome to the forum! - you're especially welcome to the CRK club!:cool:

I agree with Alelser regarding the likelihood of the small swedge blade...I wasn't sure what to make of your first post when you said you had a mix-matched knife (sorry I didn't reply until now).

I am thinning and consolidating my CRK collection to: (1) Large plain reg. Sebbie, a Small black leather-inlay classic sebbie (on order - with the new steel), a Project 2, and one of the forthcoming 1-piece S30V knives that will be comming out (hopefully, included in this release will be a new P2 or a Shadow III). :)

Thus, in addition to having 1 large sebbie for sale now (on ebay now, it may make it to the forum if it doesn't sell for what I want for it now that I have a Gold membership) and 1 small sebbie. Both are in pristine condition, plain regular style. If you want to claim one early / show advanced interest in one or both of them, let me know ASAP.

The C00 inside the handles is just the batch #'s used to keep track of them during their progress, it has nothing to do with the date.

Be sure to read the post in this forum... "Sebenza FAQ" It will go into more detail on that and any other question you may have.

Congrats on your new Sebenza.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I'm new to Chris Reeve knives in general so could someone explain what the small swedge option is? Besides the handle and blade combo, is there anything else that's different from the standard models?

I saw my first Chris Reeve knife (small sebenza) this past Sunday and from that moment I knew I "needed" one:) A friend of mine helped my find this one and I really like the way it looks and feels. You guys weren't kidding when you say it feels like a fixed blade when opened!

Rigormootis, thanks for the offer but my wallet has to recover from my recent buying spree. I just started collecting a couple of months ago and I already have a BM 705s, BM9500 (mini stryker auto) and now my small sebbie! What can I say....I'm hooked :D

Thanks again everyone!

Angelo

Back