I Just Ordered a Heat Treat Oven...The Long Wait Begins

CDHumiston

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I've been wanting a heat treat oven for quite some time and after a ton of research I settled
on a Evenheat KO 22.5. I'm certain I'll never need anything bigger and this thing gets up to 2400°.

I went with all the bells and whistles so I would have no regrets later. TAP Controller, Power Interrupt, Solid State Relays...

Bad thing is the long wait time of 8 to 10 weeks...at least I'll have time to wire in a 240V circuit in my garage.

Attachments

• ko-22_1024x1024.jpg
    ko-22_1024x1024.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
got the LB18, basic set up, not too long ago. Being able to heat treat my own stuff was revelatory
Congrats!

Thanks! This will be a game changer for sure. I have quite a few ATS34 and 440C blades I was going to ship out. Now I'll be trying my own hand at it...

I looked at those, but the prices were crazy!
Keep checking local classifieds, something might eventually pop up. As long as all the weights are there, the old mechanical machines are very simple and reliable.

I am rocking a HT oven from 1973 and a hardness tester from WWII era, price tag for all together in working condition was about 650 Euro.

I'd like to thank you all for helping me part with some more of my hard earned cash...

I just found a nice hardness tester local and bought it! Being delivered and set up this evening.

I'd like to thank you all for helping me part with some more of my hard earned cash...

I just found a nice hardness tester local and bought it! Being delivered and set up this evening.
It's amazing how much tool is needed to make such a simple tool like knives :) Workshops are like a Black Hole ......:eek:

My calibrated test disc came in today. It's calibrated at 62.2 HRC. I did three test and the results were, 61.9, 62, and 62.2.

My next big purchase will be oven, I like to heat treat my own stuff but limited to easy steels (1084) with mini forge. Congrats

Wait till you do your own first HT and then read out your HRC numbers and they are spot on 😊

Back