I Love my Wife (Not o/t too much, I swear)

My wife and I where out of town this weekend, and came back a little early at her request.

I got out to the shop this afternoon, and she came and visited me a little later, and asked if she could make something, "of course dear" and after her first time at the forge making a few nails, she says "next time, can I make a knife?"

I knew she was the right woman at the point that I asked her "Would it be alright for me to go to Africa on safari so that I can shoot an elephant?" and she says; "Can I come and shoot something too?"

Just figureed I'd share, But I was also wondering, any of you guys have wives who make knives?

(Jeez, I just realized that rhimes, sorry)

Tony

1987, our first damascus. The little s**t (Nancy) swung that sledge for 4-6 hours. Forged her first damascus blade that weekend, too!

Mine has one half forged out that she says she'll finish, she says alot of stuff though...

Not my wife!!! She wants me to make the grinder quieter! But I do think she'd jump at going on safari, that's right up her alley. She says she doesn't like to shoot (too noisy) but she can light a match with that .38, and blow it out with the next shot. That's my kinda woman. I just don't try to sneak into the bedroom in the middle of the night anymore! :eek:

I keep asking her to get involved in my knife stuff but she won't do it. She'd rather read "O" (Oprah) magazine and watch WWII shows on Discovery I guess. That gives me extra time downstairs though, so who's complaining?

Sounds like you and Mike have a great deal going, congratulations guys. I think it's cool to have a husband and wife knifemaking team, and there are a few out there. The Drapers come to mind right off but they're not alone. And the Burrows' of course!

fitzo said:
1987, our first damascus. The little s**t (Nancy) swung that sledge for 4-6 hours. Forged her first damascus blade that weekend, too!
Fatzo: That is a cool pic. but I don't believe that is you in it. The dude is not ugly enough. :p :D And not to many people standing next to you would look large there Bigfoot. :D
My Lady (Helen) was helping when I first started, but can't anymore. :(

Helen is still helping you George, she keeps you out of trouble. Helen is very sick and you have to admire George for sticking with her and helping all he can. He's a real man in my book and I'm proud he's my friend.

Tom Militano said:
Helen is still helping you George, she keeps you out of trouble. Helen is very sick and you have to admire George for sticking with her and helping all he can. He's a real man in my book and I'm proud he's my friend.

It was an interesting moment of revelation when I found out, and immediately knew the depth of the man. The harda$$ old buzzard has a definite heart of gold inside.

You find stuff like this inside a lot of knifemakers.

IG: My face always looks much better when seen from behind! ;) How you like the red in that beard, though? Put on a lotta miles since then.....

fitzo said:
It was an interesting moment of revelation when I found out, and immediately knew the depth of the man. The harda$$ old buzzard has a definite heart of gold inside.

You find stuff like this inside a lot of knifemakers.

IG: My face always looks much better when seen from behind! ;) How you like the red in that beard, though? Put on a lotta miles since then.....
Guys, thanks for the comments and you two are embarrassing me and that's not easy to do. :eek: :D
Fatzo: You can see your Irish heritage in that pic. :eek: Nanc is a cute little thing. ;)

I gotta agree, IG is solid gold, and Helen and everyone here knows it. Even though you come off as the onerest character here (and you are) you are the best, IG! My wife was agreeable with my knife making when I started out, and now, she actually pushes me and reminds of of deadlines. Nope, she's not into the active end of making knives, but she likes knives. She is handy with them, too. Cherokees are downright dangerous with sharp thingies. I think when the weather improves maybe I can lure her into the shop and hopefully get her involved with the making. Squaws are pretty crafty, so I will have to use the right kind of bait.

My wife supports and encourages more then anything. I'll show her a piece I'm working on and ask what she thinks and I get an honest answer. :eek: She doesn't give me a hard time with the amount of time I spend making knives because she knows the enjoyment I get out of it.
Scott

My wife tolerates and sometimes encourages my Buckskinning stuff and even admires the knives time to time. Her interesrs are elsewhere though she is about to graduate Magna Cum Laude with her masters in education this spring. She dosn't have extra time for much of anything else. Maby Ill be able to get her to hammer on one this summer? Not.

I really would enjoy showing her how though.

My wife is an egghead. She loves nothing better than to delve into all the mysteries around a database, round up heaping piles of medical records and research them for trends in diagnosis/treatment. In her spare time, she likes to go to the state library and research geneaology. :grumpy:

She don't give a red rat's ass about tolerances being +/- .0005, and I could care even less about her psycho-babbling office politics, or how many cases of hepatitis were found from a restaraunt on the other side of the state. Yet we seem to be soulmates, and love to share each other's company. She fully supports my fulltime knifemaking plans and I'll do anything for her. It'll be 28 years for us on the 26th of this month. Woohoo!

We are already planning on a huge trip when we reach our 30th.

Maybe we should stay at Indian George's Whaling Capitol B&B? :eek:

jhiggins said:
My wife is an egghead. She loves nothing better than to delve into all the mysteries around a database, round up heaping piles of medical records and research them for trends in diagnosis/treatment. In her spare time, she likes to go to the state library and research genealogy. :grumpy:

She don't give a red rat's ass about tolerances being +/- .0005, and I could care even less about her psycho-babbling office politics, or how many cases of hepatitis were found from a restaurant on the other side of the state. Yet we seem to be soulmates, and love to share each other's company. She fully supports my fulltime knifemaking plans and I'll do anything for her. It'll be 28 years for us on the 26th of this month. Woohoo!

We are already planning on a huge trip when we reach our 30th.

Maybe we should stay at Indian George's Whaling Capitol B&B? :eek:
No problem Bubba!!! We can send the Lady's out shopping and we can make Damascus. HEHEHE!!!! :eek: :D
Helen is the longest I have had a relationship, 8 years May. Both my marriages do not add up to that. :eek: ;)

Aint got a wife.
The one girl I tried to get to make a knife quite talking to me. Lots of girls don't talk to me.....this one waited till I offered to let her try knifemaking, go figure :confused:

Anybody else misread the thread title at first? I thought it said "I love my wife (not too much I swear)" LOL :D

fitzo said:

:D :D IG check out that red Beard :D

Mike that is so cool Nancy doing that and you still have fingers too :D

I see you gave her the Big Hammer was that a little deterrent by design? :footinmou ;)

Dan Gray said:
:D :D IG check out that red Beard :D

Mike that is so cool Nancy doing that and you still have fingers too :D

I see you gave her the Big Hammer was that a little deterrent by design? :footinmou ;)
Dan, Aren't most on the guys with red beards Gay...lick decent???? :confused:

indian george said:
Dan, Aren't most on the guys with red beards Gay...lick decent???? :confused:

if they were IG they'd be living in Mass where you guys pasted the Gay marriage law :barf: :barf: BTW why are you still there? :eek:

I'll bet I know what you voted for :) :footinmou :D

Dan: That,s why I have notice more REDHEADS in Mass. YEP!! You should move here you would fit in more was than one. (red and gay) HEHEHE!!!!
Sorry!!! You are red, gay and proud of it. :eek: :eek:

sounds like you have a fetish for red heads IG :confused:
you're noticing them all it seems,, trouble is, it's the guys you're looking at.. :p :p OK tell me how you voted?? :) or should I know :eek:

Dan Gray said:
sounds like you have a fetish for red heads IG :confused:
you're noticing them all it seems,, trouble is, it's the guys you're looking at.. :p :p OK tell me how you voted?? :) or should I know :eek:

One thing is for sure, Dan... Ig lives a HELL of a lot closer to P-town than you and I do. :rolleyes:

Back