Photos I made a bastard

HolyRoller

Gold Member
I posted a few months ago, pondering the concept of a 110 with integrated bottle opener. That sprang forth some new ideas, and decided to go in a slightly different direction.

I love me some folding hunter, but have also been swooning over my Cold Steel Tiger Claw. The ergonomics are much better than you'd think from looking at it, and the ring allows for extended reach and improved retention.

So I kinda copied and pasted the concept into the 110 by crafting my own backspacer from 1/8" aluminum.

Miraculously, it came out exactly as I envisioned and works just as I hoped. I also added a SnaggletoothAL, resulting in an EXTREMELY quick deploying Buck that should prove well rounded in both utility and defensive use.

How many Hail Mary's for the sins I've committed to bring this monster to life?
IMG-20220916-195907373.jpg

IMG-20220916-195901640.jpg

IMG-20220916-205434158.jpg

IMG-20220916-205524092.jpg

IMG-20220916-205538173.jpg

Like 30 Hail Mary’s. At least.
But hey, you did something interesting, at least! I appreciate the tool marks from where something walked on ya… that’s close to home.

Thanks, guys. I definitely went over the top, just to see if I could.

Also, this proves the aluminum is strong enough to capture the backspring. So from here, I may work on some simpler designs. Maybe slim things down to just a bottle opener, or lanyard loop.

Though I should really look into anodizing if I'm going to use this stuff more often...

I am interested in buying a few of those lanyard parts if you still have any MTPOKT. I remember a picture with hundreds of these 110 lanyard parts. I need 110's sir.

Personally I forgive you ( mostly)because I feel these particular models are bastards from the factory.
To me just having a 110 frame shape isn't enough to make it a 110, not if the blade is so different.
I'm fairly certain I'm the only one who feels this way though and it's something I need to try harder to just let go of.

The bottle opener, now that's a carnal sin that I can't forgive but I have no authority and no stones available for throwing.

Back