I Made a Boo- Boo, Thoughts on How to Fix It?

Hi All,
I was hoping to pick your brains on an error I made. I was going to make a hidden lanyard loop on a knife and followed the same procedure I always do (drilling a hole in the tang to locate the corresponding holes in the scales for the pin) so the end result is like this....

harry potter and the chamber of secrets movie script
but then decided I no longer wanted a hidden loop on this knife. No big deal, until I completely forgot about the hole and ground way too much material off the butt of the knife, thus beginning to expose the hole. Whoops. The remaining web is now so thin I can deflect it with my thumbnail.

Only things I can think to do:

Just grind it all the way out, though obviously this will shorten your handle.
Removed the webbing and fill with jb weld or some kind of epoxy.
Remove the scales and fill void/hole with some weld and grind flush.
Drill it out and replace with a mosaic pin or something similar.
Secure a pommel cap over the end to cover it up (your choice on best way to secure the pommel).

Grind it open and add an inlay or colored epoxy. Maybe a piece of mosaic tube in the end.
Lots of creative solutions to be had.

Scott

Remove the handles. Tig er up and grind flush. Or stick a pommel or end cap on. Maybe brass depending on colours

Do a concave grind into the pommel to the depth of the exposed hole. Could be cool. Will be a challenge.

Thanks for the creative ideas guys! Yes, swearing at it was already done, ha!
I’m like the mosaic tube idea in the end the best so far I think. I REALLY don’t want to remove the scales.
Better ideas than I’ve had!
Thanks guys. If it turns out cool I’ll post pics of it- if not I’ll hide, yell at it some more, and place it in the box of shame

Remake the knife and keep this one as a shopknife or use it in your kitchen.
Don't let a sub standard knife go

Remake the knife and keep this one as a shopknife or use it in your kitchen.
Don't let a sub standard knife go
Absolutely I’ll remake the knife. Even for the purpose of using it for my knife, I still want to try to somewhat repair it and make it look cool.

Grind out the back of the handle from top to bottom in an arc incorporating the hole.

Back