I need a blower....?

I need a pressure type blower for dust collection/ fume exhaustion. I'm thinking something like 2hp 1000CFM 6" inlet and exit.

I had 2 of these...that i gave away during a shop cleaning frenzy over the past year. A new one was just quoted to me for a little less than $800.

The thought of spending $800 on a new one just kills me...because as soon as I do, I know I'll find one in surplus for $20 or so.

Anybody have anything?

Desperately,
-Rob

Thank you Mike and Jim!

Jim, the peenindustry stuff looks good! I think that is my best option so far. I'm lurking on an Ebay blower but I'm a bit uneasy with the seller shipping/packing heavy machinery....so I'm leaning towrads the Peen...stuff.

-Rob

First, Rob, good luck with your search. Second, sorry for my ignorance, but how does one rig a blower so that it both collects dust and expells fumes, etc.? Or does one need to have one for each function?

Thanks,

John

Well... I'm sure Rob has something more sophisticated in mind. But I have seen the set-up where the blower blows the junk out the side of the building... I mean if you are creating the kind of stuff that is very nasty for your lungs but not such a big deal anywhere else... For instance what comes out of the back of my truck is not something i would want to lean over and breath all day.

Back