I need Belt Grinders plans

Is there a website or place that seller Belt Grinders design

To work on a metal laser cutting machine CNC

Is there a website or place that seller Belt Grinders design

To work on a metal laser cutting machine CNC
Search this forum , there are plans/file for grinder ready for cutting on laser

Brian House sells plans for his Revolution 2x72 Grinders on his site. Just do a search for "Revolution grinder" or go to his housemade.us. site.

This build is pretty cool and he has the plans for sale at a reasonable price

What is the advantage of horizontal grinding? Or where would you use that feature? Also another extreme noob question but..are there not belt grinders that have these features off the shelf? Or is it basically a necessity to fabricate? One might think that full featured (ability to run slack, adjustable angles/ fixed angle jigs etc.) belt grinders would be readily availible off the shelf or factory built.

What is the advantage of horizontal grinding? Or where would you use that feature? Also another extreme noob question but..are there not belt grinders that have these features off the shelf? Or is it basically a necessity to fabricate? One might think that full featured (ability to run slack, adjustable angles/ fixed angle jigs etc.) belt grinders would be readily availible off the shelf or factory built.

.are there not belt grinders that have these features off the shelf?

Yes, $3,500 ish.

Like the count said, yes, but spendy!!

Really the cheapest way to get a grinder with all the features you want is to make it yourself... If you've got the tools, time and know how.

Most of us (myself included) settle for something that can be upgraded to what you REALLY want later on.

Like the count said, yes, but spendy!!

Really the cheapest way to get a grinder with all the features you want is to make it yourself... If you've got the tools, time and know how.

Most of us (myself included) settle for something that can be upgraded to what you REALLY want later on.

Copy that. That makes sense, thank you.

Check out USAKnifemaker(dot)com. They have downloadable plans as well as parts.

What is the advantage of horizontal grinding? Or where would you use that feature?

I built this grinder and use the horizontal tilt feature quite a lot.
- one use case is a surface grinding attachment (it's much more convenient to slide the SGA table from side to side rather than up/down)
- another use case is that I have a drive wheel with a flat face that I use as a disc grinder: in the horizontal position I have more space and control when using it
- also for profiling blades with a small wheel attachment and a supporting table it is much more natural to do it in the horizontal position
can you live without it? sure. is it very convenient? you bet.

Back