I need help, please

....move this to the Exchange section...sell or trade...your choice.
Good luck with the wife...no suggestions there I'm afraid! :)

Larry S.

ROADTRIP! :D Whats in Georgia that you could convince your wife she can't live without seeing ?

Bummer :( Hope it all works out.

FWIW, my dad just organized buying a new set of jump standards and poles for the county 4H horse program. Had to be shipped from out of state, and freight by semi was only $150. Probably ruins the bargain aspect of it though :(

Do you have temp and the size information? That bites about the shipping. I had the same problem with a pool motor that I needed for work. I live in Atlanta and may be interested.

Sure feth, If you live in GA this might be a real nice find (obviously I thought so!).

The interior dimensions are 5 1/4" x 7 1/2" x 16 1/2".
The Max temp is 1200 Celsius or 2192 Fahrenheit.

That size and temp is just perfect for the small scale knifemaker. Enough temp for carbon or stainless.

Of course I don't know how well it works, but I was willing to pick it up and find out.

I haven't heard back from the seller on the size UPS limit problem.

Let's stay in touch.

Steve

Shipping shouldn't be that bad. Something like that just needs to be shoved into a box and sent on its merry way. The biggest thing that's ever been shipped to me was a guitar amp that went about 150lbs total. Shipping was about $50. UPS can't throw that in the back of a truck, then kick it up your driveway, so shipping with them would be your best bet. :D

Good news on 2 fronts.

Number one (and most important) the folks on this forum really came through. I recieved 3 emails from people in the area that were willing to help me out. I'll tell you what for a community of people who've never met each other this is amazing. It's like the members of a good church - always willing to take time to help another member.

Number two, I got the shipping expense. Turns out the seller stated UPS, however, they have a contract with a shipping company or something. The freight is about $100. OK a little more that I expected but only by $25.

For all you guys that helped me sleep last night a big thanks!

Steve

Great find! Good to know everything worked out for you -- If I'd seen this earlier, I'd have taken it off your hands. ;) :D

If you have them send it by truck you should be ok.........

make sure to get a price first.........DO NOT USE UPS OR USPS!!

Tom,

Somehow that strikes me funny: A guy who lives in Hawaii advising people to ship by truck.

Steve

BTW: Have I told you lately how much I like your knives?

.....until you see his new line of floatation tires!!!!
How he makes them work with all those holes though is beyond me!?!?!?
:) :)

Glad we could help!
Larry S.

Back