I need help with a d*#n coyote

Sorry, but as a trapper...I have bad news for you. You will probably never catch the nuisance animals. Its even hard for the pros to do it. And hunting the coyotes might be illegal and unproductive. Youre going to have to get rid of the cats or keep them inside. That or get a really good fence, though even that might not work.
Also, you can call a nuisance animal remover. A lot of places have trappers that work in populated areas for this sort of thing. They trap coyotes and beavers causing issues and such. Id give that a try. Good luck with your problem, I hope it works out.
We have a professional trapper where I work. He has gotten rid of a few skunks and muskrats. That's just what he does for us. I asked ol Roger about the coyotes. He said you can trap them but it's not easy. As I mentioned in an earlier post, wire the door open for 2-3 weeks and bait it heavily with road kill or chicken. Get them used to finding a free meal.
Make a small Vee into the cage trap. After 2, 3, 4 wks, set the trap. Then be ready if you catch one to euthanize it. I had a neighbor catch ground hogs that where tunneling in his backyard. He used a havaheart type trap and then would euthanize Thames by putting a tarp over the cage/trap and hooking a heavy automotive type hose to his truck exhaust.

Back