I need Information

I bought a knife recently on the internet
Heres where you can find a picture
http://members.aol.com/otay5/camocobra.JPG

I'd like all the information on the knife you can give me (I have not recieved it yet). It is an automatic with a four inch blade (or so I am told)
I am open to any criticism/remarks (about the knife)

------------------
A genius learns more and more about less and less until he/she learns absolutly everything about nothing
3dbiggrin3.gif

~Daniel a.k.a. DeLightsabor~

Don't know any specifics but have seen tons like it at gun shows. It appears to be a low-end knock-off. WATCH OUT FOR THOSE FINGERS!
eek.gif

[This message has been edited by Jason Burns (edited 03-24-2001).]

LOL
biggrin.gif

------------------
A genius learns more and more about less and less until he/she learns absolutly everything about nothing
3dbiggrin3.gif

[This message has been edited by DeLightsabor (edited 03-24-2001).]

Delight,
I have no idea as to the specifics of your knife but I have a couple of questions and comments for you.

First, is that blade sharpened along both edges?? If so, it raises a couple of concerns. You may find that it is illegal to carry this knife due to that fact alone. Also, if you're planning on carrying, and using, you may find kind of an unnatural blood loss thing happening to your fingers every time you reach for this knife as you'll notice that the top edge will be exposed even when the knife is closed. And I'm sure that this situation will be presented again in the direction of your (hopefully just)
eek.gif
leg everytime you move while carrying in your pocket. And I don't want to even think of IWB!!!

Also, you say that it's a auto?? If that too is the case then you should also check for legality of carry on that issue.

Please be careful. This one gives me the "hebegeebees" just looking at it.

--The Raptor--

[This message has been edited by Raptor (edited 03-24-2001).]

Delightsabor, I believe that the knife you have is a Paragon or it is a custom version of a knife that Paragon makes. You should post on the Auto forum. Tkae care, that knife is automatc and it looks double edged, if you carry it all you better be careful or it could get you a nice room at the local state or federal "hotel."

It looks double but I don't think it is (if so, I will severly dull the top edge
biggrin.gif
)

It is automatic and I heard and read it is legal to carry those here (hopefully I won't make my way to one of those "hotels"
wink.gif
)

Anthony, thanks for the input Ill look for what I can about that knife

There's an automatic forum?
confused.gif

------------------
3dbiggrin3.gif

The Auto forum is part of the Blade Forums forums, when you enter the forums look under General. I think your knife is a Paragon Cobra and I know that it is custom design. I remeber an article about that model in Tactical Knives magazine about two years ago.
BTW, I think Arizona is an auto legal but don't them catch you with it in Nevada or California.

Delight,
Check out this sight www.netcom.com to see if you will have problems with legal carry in your area.

--The Raptor--

Hi it's me again. Forget the above link. It's no good. I'm off to locate the right one this time.

--The Raptor (again)--

[This message has been edited by Raptor (edited 03-25-2001).]

Man, I don't believe this!!!

After I posted that second link I went there to check AZ knife laws and there is no listing for that.

redface.gif
&
mad.gif
...The Raptor

The knife is either a Paragon Cobra or a knockoee thereof. How much did you pay for it? IIRC the real ones go for somewhere around $100-150 & the knockoffs are closer to $30. I've handled one of the knockoffs and the false edge wasn't sharp. It had a bit of blade play, but was a real cool letter opener.

IIRC autos are legal in AZ, but don't take my word for it. Search the knife law forum to see if the answer's already there, if it's not you can post it.

It looks like an POS el cheapo auto - I'd stay away from those if I were you. Autos can be pretty touchy mechanisms, especially if not a lot of care has gone into their construction. You certainly wouldn't want it to fire open while it's inside your front pocket for one thing...

Just my two cents
Andrew L

------------------
"Praise not the day until evening has come;a sword until it is tried; ice until it has been crossed; beer until it has been drunk" - Viking proverb

Back