I need some help to buy X-42 TiNi Recondo

Dear Ron,

It is almost Christmas, it is time to buy presents, and I am still looking for X-42 Recondo TiNi. As I said before, at the shop where I buy knives here in Rome and spend some hours, I saw the X-42 Recondo, and I liked it very much.

I asked for the TiNi version, and they said they would order it soon.

Today I phoned them for some greetings (we are good friends), and to know when the X-42 TiNi will be here in Rome. They said they didn't order it because is very VERY expensive, much more than "normal" X-42. If I want it anyway, they will order it.

I am a little amazed. I know MSRP of X-42 is 110 USD and of X-42 TiNi is 135 USD. It isn't so much. I found them at Knifecenter at about 95 USD and 125 USD. At that shop here in Rome, as I wrote, the price of X-42 is about 154 USD. It isn't too much, after Italian Taxes, Custom Fees, Shipping Fees, etc. Making some "forecasts", my opinion about the price of X-42 TiNi here in Italy would be 185-190 USD.

So I am not able to understand why they said "it is much more expensive".

I and the owners of the shop are friends, we spend some times arguing about knives, when some Forumites are in Rome I go with them to their shop, to show Italian knives and Italian brands.

Perhaps they didn't manage to order one. Now I asked them to give me an idea how much is "much more expensive", to know what would be the price of X-42 TiNi.

If they asked me a price too high, or were unsuccessful to order it, could you help me to buy this knife (X-42 Recondo TiNi) in another way?

I am asking your help because if I buy that knife at some shops on Internet, there will be some problems with Italian Customs, because I have to say people at Italian Customs are not-so-honest, and very often knives, and other goods, disappear when they reach the Customs.

It is even easier to make a knife "disappear", because if someone likes it they say it is an illegal weapon and they charge the guy, who bought it on the Net to save some money (please note, a TOTALLY LEGAL knife, the same you can buy at the shops on the streets here in Italy without any problems), with some felony charges.

When a friend of mine bought a Busse Battle Mistress on Internet, we had to "develop" a number of tricks to avoid that knife was stolen.

The shop in Rome where I go is "Coltellerie Prezioso", and I think they are your Italian dealer. They have a company and a shop. I think you know the company, managed by the eldest of the Prezioso brothers. Obviously I go to the shop, runned by Nicola Prezioso, his father, and by Daniela Prezioso, his sister. The company imports knives, and the shop sells it to "end users" like me.

They know I write on Bladeforums, and I am in touch with you. I don't want to make any problem. I only want an X-42 Recondo TiNi, at its right price. I'll tell them I asked you for some advices.

Many Thanks in advance for your help. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I'll be "far from Internet" for two-three days. I'll read your suggestions as soon as possible.

Obviously I am still waiting for the birth of X-42 Autoclip :)

Falcenberg

Back