I need to be schooled on Instagram.

I'm not a big user of social media.
I had a Facebook when I was younger but I lost interest over the years. I don't have time anymore.

I did recently sign up for Instagram and I get the jist of it.
But how do I search for "want to sell" ads.
I always hear of people buying and selling on this platform but I'm not understanding how they do it

Any tips?

You'll want to vet people out on it. Lots of scammers. So you'll need to make trust worthy friends first and ask them if someone is good to trade/sell/buy with. They don't have a gbu like we do here.

The for sale ads are done by hash tags. #knifesale is abused as they use the has tag for views on there posts. But that's the main tag people use for knife sales.

Be sure to find honest people who will take goods and services for your protection. You can still be had this way but your less likely to get scammed.

I'm probably missing alot here. But there are sketchy people even if they are trusted.. Over selling for a knaf or various ads saying contact for price instead of just listing it. Not listing full details of any issues. Etc. You have to be through. And use the gbu here if you get had.

One of the guys here started a page with info on scammers. They change there usernames constantly so they are hard to track... But could be helpful.

https://instagram.com/edcvillains?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=19b88jc73w01i

I don't understand the

"x for sale.. DM for price"

Just put the price so I know if I want to DM you or not.

I've bought and sold multiple knives on IG. You just have to be much more careful. When I see a knife I'm interested in, I usually go back and search the sellers prior for sale posts and then if I see a buyer in the comments, I search that person as well. I want to make sure, as much as possible with IG, that the seller has sold before and the buyers then maybe posts the same knife in his feed. It's not prefect but I make sure I dig into the seller's posts.

Another way it to follow a lot of knife guys and get to know them with comments, messaging, etc. I have made quite a few IG friend that way that I trust to but from. I always watch people I follow who post for sale threads and see how they turned out.

I also will ask sellers if they post here at BF, Reddit, Facebook or USN. People usually have the same of similar screen names so it's often easy to check their credibility on other sites.

Back