1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I officially own all three blade shapes and...

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by VermontEdge, Oct 12, 2017.

1. VermontEdge

VermontEdge Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2015
    I think that by having all three now in my edc rotation I’ve come to appreciate them all even more. Does that make sense?

The drop point is super useful, classic and a joy to edc. There’s nothing that this knife doesn’t do well.

The Tanto is, to my surprise, also a great edc! That secondary point where the two edges meet is so useful I could cry. And having two separate, mostly straight edges with the tiniest bit of belly still makes it a great slicer.

The newest addition is a large 21 Insingo and WOW. I’ve stared at pictures of this blade shape for a long, long time but there’s something about having it in person that makes it even better. Possibility my favorite of the three but maybe that’s just because it’s new. Going to take a while before anything else finds its way into my pocket.

My plan was to ultimately pick a blade shape and sell off the others but I really love having the three to choose from every day. Unfortunately I just sent the Tanto off to CRK for some work.

Anyway, just wanted to celebrate this trio. Anyone else have any preferences, hidden surprises or general appreciation for any of these three great grinds?

kidcongo, mrknife and TYPE-R like this.
  2. humblerodent

humblerodent Gold Member Gold Member

May 28, 2011
    That was never going to happen, haha. I've never actually owned a tanto, but love the Insingo and drop point equally. You might also check out the regular. It has almost more of a spearpoint, especially in the large.

TYPE-R likes this.
  3. TYPE-R

TYPE-R Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2017
    I have and love all three, though I just got the tanto and haven't used it much. I would normally say the insingo is my favorite but after using the drop point for the last week I think it's taken over the top spot. I'm glad I have all three and have the problem of which to carry today.

4. bart1

bart1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2009
    How about serrated??? My favorite overall , available in drop point only.... Bart

5. Peter Hartwig

Peter Hartwig Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 29, 2008
    now you need both sizes:)
    I have wanted to try the tanto and Insingo, but I just love the drop/clip point . Maybe some day

Vaporstang likes this.
  6. kilogolf65

kilogolf65 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2015
    My three. I like em all. Wish I had a serrated.
    [​IMG]

JITDC and 4mer_FMF like this.
  7. tiguy7

tiguy7 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2008
    4BAC51CB-C706-472D-B93E-C1B7756AF333.jpeg All you need now is the clip point.

kidcongo and Vaporstang like this.
  8. Don M

Don M

Apr 30, 2000
    Where did that BG-42 blade come from? I have never seen one like it.

9. Ernie1980

Ernie1980 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2012
    I have owned all three at one time or another, and keeping going back to the classic drop point. The others are great but for me DP is perfect.

Vaporstang and mrknife like this.
  10. mrknife

mrknife Gold Member Gold Member

May 9, 2010
    having just got my tanto in, im already foaming at the mouth for mnandi and maybe insingo. i honestly dont know why i put off buying it for so long

4mer_FMF likes this.
  11. tiguy7

tiguy7 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2008
    I bought the knife used at the 2004 Blade Show. It was in perfect condition, but there was no box or birth certificate. It had come from an estate sale. I asked the dealer what the blade steel was. He said, “I don’t know. Let’s go ask Chris Reeve. His booth is right across the aisle.” Chris said it was BG-42.
    I modified the blade to a clip point and engraved it with the steel type. I later anodized the handle and added the newer pocket clip.