I Published a Book

I have some close friends who are humming bird / photography nuts. Out here there are swarms of those things. I will definitely recommend your book to them. Congrats.

I have some close friends who are humming bird / photography nuts. Out here there are swarms of those things. I will definitely recommend your book to them. Congrats.

Thnak you.

I appreciate your recommendations. Word of mouth recommenations are critical to the success of books by unknown authors like me.

A quick update:

Growing Up Humming is doing well. It's not a blockbuster bestseller (I need to figure out strategies to get more exposure for it, towards certain markets - parents, teachers, librarians, bookstores, etc.), but it's getting some sales regularly.

I'm very pleased, and frankly amazed, with how positive and enthusiastic the reviews have been - WAY better than I expected. Lots of comments like "brilliant", "unique", "spectacular", "very inspiring", "worth 10x the price", "a true work of art", and "absolutely astonishing".

The same with the ratings. So far, out of twenty-nine Amazon reviews, it's received twenty-seven 5 star (out of 5) reviews, and two 4 star reviews.

See for yourself: http://www.amazon.com/Growing-Up-Hu...tmm_pap_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1351789932&sr=8-1

So, I'm feeling hopeful about my book's future.

Last edited:
thats great man! i may have to pick this up since it has wonderful reviews and i love birds in general sooooo...

If you do, I hope you enjoy it.

Don't hesitate to leave a review on Amazon. Positive or negative, I'm fine with you calling it like you see it.

Thanks.

A quick update:

Growing Up Humming is doing well. It's not a blockbuster bestseller (I need to figure out strategies to get more exposure for it, towards certain markets - parents, teachers, librarians, bookstores, etc.), but it's getting some sales regularly.

I'm very pleased, and frankly amazed, with how positive and enthusiastic the reviews have been - WAY better than I expected. Lots of comments like "brilliant", "unique", "spectacular", "very inspiring", "worth 10x the price", "a true work of art", and "absolutely astonishing".

The same with the ratings. So far, out of twenty-nine Amazon reviews, it's received twenty-seven 5 star (out of 5) reviews, and two 4 star reviews.

See for yourself: http://www.amazon.com/Growing-Up-Hu...tmm_pap_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1351789932&sr=8-1

So, I'm feeling hopeful about my book's future.

Good job.:)
Very clear photos for sure.

Thanks, Mark!

I'm hoping to get the next book (which is already written and illustrated) published within a few months.

Do you have any plans for another?

I recently published a book. I don't know whether it would be considered spam to link to it, so I won't unless a moderator says it's OK. In any case, I'm excited!

Edited to add:

With Gollnick's permission:

The book is called Growing Up Humming. You can read more about it here:

http://www.amazon.com/Growing-Up-Hu...1351789932&sr=8-1&keywords=growing+up+humming

Congratulations! That is a great book. I was able to get one ordered and delivered just before Christmas to an aunt who loves hummingbirds. We liked the fact that the text was on an easy to read level so she could share it with our 5 year old cousin/nephew.

John

Thanks, Mark!

I'm hoping to get the next book (which is already written and illustrated) published within a few months.

Do you have any plans for another?

I'm kicking around a few ideas...we'll see how it goes when inspiration hits again.:)

Congratulations! That is a great book. I was able to get one ordered and delivered just before Christmas to an aunt who loves hummingbirds. We liked the fact that the text was on an easy to read level so she could share it with our 5 year old cousin/nephew.

John

Thank you! Im glad you liked it. I hope your aunt and cousin / nephew do, too.

That doesn't surprise me. My niece and nephew love Growing Up Humming. They have a humming bird feeder and so they've watched humming birds. Getting to see them up-close and see how they nest and live was exciting and interesting for them. It's a charming book.

I have humming bird feeders around my house and love to watch those little birds, so I, too, enjoyed Growing Up Humming.

Thank you, 9blades, Eric, and Gollnick!

I appreciate your support, and I'm really pleased to hear your niece and you enjoyed it. :)

Back