I removed the pocket clip...and I like the results!

I seem to learn something new about my Sebenza almost every day. Tonight, I removed the pocket clip and reinserted the screw, making really sure that it did not extend through the titanium slab far enough to harm the blade. I then went and got the calf-skin sheath out of the plastic and put my knife in it. The sheath is of quite good quality. I hadn't looked it over very closely and had purchased it as an afterthought. I was a little surprised that the sheath was so nice. I should have taken it for granted that the sheath would be another outstanding accessory. VERY soft to the touch. I like the slimmer way my knife feels. I'll probably go ahead and order the little insert that gives the knife a more "finished look", but I have a feeling that it really isn't necessary. Anybody disagree?

Thanks,
Will

No clip is the way to go. A small older Sebenza made before they added the clip is one of my favorite daily carries.

I like the insert, but I am a sick little puppy.

------------------
James Segura
San Francisco, CA

I especially like the CRK soft pouch, it is very secure in my pocket when sitting in low car seats. I lost a nice gents folder in a rental car some time ago.

The leather also adds a bit of class to the Sebenza package with lanyard/fob removal.

Regards,
FK

I find it much more comfortable in the hands especially the wood inlay models. The clip was an add on, not originally designed into the knife, but I'm with StJames, clipless is the way to go, but then I do have a few knives with clips, that way I can carry more knives at one time,.....
wink.gif

Some knives I carry in a velvet pouch with a fold over velcro snap, just a cameo appearance for showing off the knife at work, while most ride in a leather sheath on the belt. Lanyards work well for me but the horizontal sheaths seem easier access.

Those clips have a nasty tilt up at the end and I find them to dig into my palm when gripping, so off they go!

Will, as to the insert, I say nay, as that space is out of sight out of mind, it's on your palm side and you'll never miss it, the small piece that fits doesn't cover the fact you have a milled out section there and the screw rides higher than the others so I never opted to get one, also I wouldn't bother putting that screw back into the hole, just doesn't look right to me having the longer thread going so close to the blade...I just put it into the clip and scotch tape around the two so I don't lose them and place them back into the box for safe keeping....along with the allen wrench and birth certificate of course!

G2

------------------
"The Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions!"
Take the time to read your Bible Now, don't be left behind...

[This message has been edited by Gary W. Graley (edited 05-12-2001).]

Gary: I just took another look at the screw. It goes in NO FARTHER that the very edge of the titanium slab. Nowhere near the blade.

FK: It drives me NUTZO to loose a pocket knife. I would have gone back and torn the rental car apart if I had to in order to find that knife. (If you're SURE that's where you lost it.) I mean it. I can't stand to loose a knife!

I like the slimmer profile of my Sabenza without the clip. And I simply love the way this excellent slip-sheath feels. It's like it's been waxed or something. Chris Reeve knives are first-class, all the way. Even the accessories. You've got to admit that most other slip-sheaths are cheap little, give away extras.

Will

I ordered my first Sebenza a while back(still waiting on that by the way) and I ordered the clip insert and the calf skin pouch to go with it. I don't know why I decided to order them because I usually leave the clips on my knives but I just thought I would take the clip off of this one and let it ride in the bottom of my pocket in the pouch. I am happy to hear that the pouch is also first rate.

Back