I Think Joe is right!

The new edge geometry is far superior to the old style of edgeing blades,and i wonder if reprofiling some old 2 dot 110 folding hunters would make them a bit more efficient at keeping their edge?

Is a service available like that ,where could send in an older 110 for edge 2k reprofiling?It would be a great idea for those older users with the old edge grinds.:thumbup:

That accounts for the much different blade shape of a current 110,maybe the new grind would not work too well in the case of the older blade profile,thanks for the comeback!

Those semi hollow blades were definetely the hardest to resharpen. We can still reprofile blades made after 1980 though. Its a slightly diferent process that we would do and I doubt that I can describe it here without pictures and hand guestures. :rolleyes:
In a nutshell, we changed the actuall edge geometry, and the method of removing the burr, or the sharpening.
If you were to send in a knife for sharpening, and asked for the new edge grind too, we would do it for the standard sharpening charge.
Hope this helps.

I prefer the semi hollow. They do require a little more time to sharpen especially the first time. I have never chiped a semi hollow blade but have chiped a full hollow blade. I think it would be great if semi hollow blades were still available.

I prefer the semi hollow..... I think it would be great if semi hollow blades were still available.

...I am in agreement with ya D60...I personally loved the semi-hollow grind, but then I learned how to sharpen with benchstones long before Lansky or EdgePro or Spyderco showed up on the scene. I think benchstones are the best and easiest way to sharpen the semi-hollow grind if ya know what yer doin'...:cool:

Thanks,I've been sitting here with an old 2 dot and a newer 110 and while comparing the two i can see the differences clearly now.I have never chipped out any buck knives,little knicks but nothing that couldn't be honed out.I understand why the newer sharpening methods might not work,thanks Joe !440c and 425 m might not like the newer edge2k as much as 420 hc and the newer high tech steels,I might just try my dmt benchstone on the old 2 dot and maybe change the included edge angles a little and see hat benefits i can get out of it.Thanks for all the input,greatly apprechiated!

I prefer the semi hollow. They do require a little more time to sharpen especially the first time. I have never chiped a semi hollow blade but have chiped a full hollow blade. I think it would be great if semi hollow blades were still available.

Yowser ... what he said = dito's :D

Back