I want a push knife

Title says it all.

I want a push knife, but I have some requirements for it, mainly because of the law.

1. It has to be single edged blade, otherwise it's a push dagger and daggers are illegal.
2. Blade lenght not over 6-7cm

Only thing I was able to find to match this criteria so far was Urban Pal, but I dislike it because it's serrated blade, and I have bad experience with Secure-ex sheaths.

If there is anything else like this I would appreciate your imput.
If not - I'll just get the Urban Pal since it's even on a discount...

Edit: I won't risk breaking the law as it's not clear if this is allowed for EDC or not. Therefore now I want to encourage everyone to suggest me even good double edged blades :)
If I'm not carrying it then I might aswell just buy a proper weapon, so I have a good reason for keeping it home :)

Last edited:
Seems to fits your bill

Cold Steel 12CT Safe Keeper III

CS-12CT.jpg

• Overall Length:5.00"
    • Blade Length:2.50"
    • Blade Thickness:0.19"
    • Blade Material:AUS-8A
    • Blade Style:Spear Point
    • Blade Grind:Flat
    • Finish:Satin
    • Edge Type: plain
    • Handle Length:1.75"
    • Handle Material:Kraton
    • Color:Black
    • Weight:3.50 oz.
    • Model 12CT

Well it appears that it's sold out everywhere but on some US sites, so it's our of my reach.

I've also search everywhere, it seems nobody but Cold Steel is producing such items.
So I better get that Urban Pal before it sells out...

Well it appears that it's sold out everywhere but on some US sites, so it's our of my reach.

I've also search everywhere, it seems nobody but Cold Steel is producing such items.

Yea seems discontinued... sorry about that. After a quick browsing over KC, i found 2 inexpensive

https://www.knifecenter.com/item/GB...fe-push-dagger-black-blade-rubberized-handles
https://www.knifecenter.com/item/BG...rncliffe-blade-black-g10-handles-kydex-sheath

Edit: 2 more

https://www.knifecenter.com/item/CR...cpatl-push-knife-black-sk5-blade-kydex-sheath

https://www.knifecenter.com/item/BG...d-blade-coyote-brown-g10-handles-kydex-sheath

Last edited:
This is very helpful.
I will try to find them locally.
Check your local laws carefully. In some areas any type of "push knife" is illegal, as they have little use other than as weapons.
Thank you for the imput.

I just took some time to read the law again, and it's not very clear.
It's only clear about these being not legal:
1. Double edged blades
2. Bayonets and trench knives
3. Anything that has a finger ring
4. Anything that's spring asisted
5. Any blade disguised as something else
6. Throwing stars
7. Any brass knuckles or any other item intended to be blunt weapon (even tactical pens)

It also says thay knives which are primarily made to inflict body harm are not legal to carry, so I guess then this could be illegal?

Non spring asisted knives and small fixed blade knives are legal, as they are very useful as a tool, and less useful as a weapon. In other words, I think I should stick with my Boker GoBag in that case...

I'm put mine in the trade forum, if you are interested.
LTOn3Bz.jpg

Last edited:
This is very helpful.

It also says thay knives which are primarily made to inflict body harm are not legal to carry, so I guess then this could be illegal?

Yeah, we have laws like that in the States too, and even a single edged push dagger will fall under it. Here it winds up being used as a catch all for any knife they didn't think about when writing the laws. Outdoor Edge used to make a single edged version of these with no guthook as their Caper model -

OE-WT10.jpg

The problem is it doesn't really feel like a push dagger, but rather a hunting tool, which it is.

The laws may be stupid but building legal risk into your EDC isn't necessarily smart. So then we have the question: is the item in question purely for self defense or is it also to perform general cutting tasks? (Your answer might default exclusively to the latter regardless of actual use depending on those laws and who is asking.) Issues like the choice between steels or brands like Gerber and Bastinelli will be informed by the honest answer to that question. Personally, I prefer that any carried blade be chore-ready and able to hold a decent edge.

Don't kid yourself. Push daggers are weapons, single edge or not. Anything called a Safekeeper is a weapon. When I was stupider I carried that Cold Steel and stopped when as i was cutting an apple at a Nat. Historic site i realized that the ranger could arrest me if he noticed it. Gave it to a friend who had his stolen out of his car.

Self defense items are tools....
Weapons are to cause Harm.
Protecting your self, and loved ones, isn't CAUSING harm, it's reactionary.

Too bad you live in an oppressive area. You need to vote those people Out who don't value You, and your family.

I was going to suggest a earlier Safekeeper, with a 4" blade..... It's Perfect!

TOPS Grim Ripper.

Single-edge, but the name will get you in trouble.

aRgVnTY.jpg

Last edited:

Any push knife would meet that definition. They are primarily designed to inflict bodily harm.

benchmade used to do a folding push dagger in their harley davidson line. can’t recall the model for the life if he but it was a pretty sweet looking blade.

I have one of these, and it's great!
https://www.foxcutlery.com/n/en/product/1042/fox_european_hunter__1506.html
At 6.5 cm blade, single edged, good quality n690 steel;
leather sheath with secure snap strap that comes with it is very well done and looks great, (imo quality leather always looks better then any type of molded plastic), and it came sharp AF too....
(Even bit me by accident pretty good once...)

AND, it's primarily designed for "hunting", not for "inflicting bodily harm", it even says so write in the name, unlike the tacticool ones with tacticool names like peacekeeper, or grim ripper, or death puncher, etc; so long as it helps your cause, you're left a bit better off there as well :)

Even an urban pal, is "for survival in today's urban jungle!" on their own web description, which that could be misconstrued to mean, "weapon" (self defense or other)...
Whereas;
A Fox European Hunter 1506 OL - This knife is part of Fox's "European Hunter" series, a series that is aimed at hunters and which features different blade shapes for all types of uses that a hunter may require, in this case a skinner...

so with hunter right in the name, it's designed primarily for skinning animals that were already killed, (not for inflicting bodily harm)...
Legal loophole maybe?

Last edited:
Any push knife would meet that definition. They are primarily designed to inflict bodily harm.
Correct.
I even asked a buddy of mine who is a lawyer, he simply told me to stick to my small fixed blade.

Push knife could result either in me paying the fine or in me going to court trying to avoid that fine.
I have one of these, and it's great!
https://www.foxcutlery.com/n/en/product/1042/fox_european_hunter__1506.html
At 6.5 cm blade, single edged, good quality n690 steel;
leather sheath with secure snap strap that comes with it is very well done and looks great, (imo quality leather always looks better then any type of molded plastic), and it came sharp AF too....
(Even bit me by accident pretty good once...)

AND, it's primarily designed for "hunting", not for "inflicting bodily harm", it even says so write in the name, unlike the tacticool ones with tacticool names like peacekeeper, or grim ripper, or death puncher, etc; so long as it helps your cause, you're left a bit better off there as well :)

Even an urban pal, is "for survival in today's urban jungle!" on their own web description, which that could be misconstrued to mean, "weapon" (self defense or other)...
Whereas;
A Fox European Hunter 1506 OL - This knife is part of Fox's "European Hunter" series, a series that is aimed at hunters and which features different blade shapes for all types of uses that a hunter may require, in this case a skinner...

so with hunter right in the name, it's designed primarily for skinning animals that were already killed, (not for inflicting bodily harm)...
Legal loophole maybe?
This is the best suggestion I've seen yet.

But unfortunately I will not EDC one of these because it could cause me legal issue.

Even if it is legal loophole, it would take me to court to prove it, and that would be fairly expensive.

But since I won't use it as EDC then all "rules" can fly out of the window....
So feel free to hit me up with something that screams "I'm a weapon" :D

It kinda sucks I'll never take it anywhere outside of home, but let's be real, it's not most useful design anyways, and this way I can at least buy something I really want to have.

It's not illegal to own one, it's just not legal to carry one.

Correct.
I even asked a buddy of mine who is a lawyer, he simply told me to stick to my small fixed blade.

Push knife could result either in me paying the fine or in me going to court trying to avoid that fine.

This is the best suggestion I've seen yet.

But unfortunately I will not EDC one of these because it could cause me legal issue.

Even if it is legal loophole, it would take me to court to prove it, and that would be fairly expensive.

But since I won't use it as EDC then all "rules" can fly out of the window....
So feel free to hit me up with something that screams "I'm a weapon" :D

It kinda sucks I'll never take it anywhere outside of home, but let's be real, it's not most useful design anyways, and this way I can at least buy something I really want to have.

It's not illegal to own one, it's just not legal to carry one.

Well, then!

Mercworx Seraphym.

Igp2v0b.jpg

How far are you willing to wander into the Twilight Zone of hybrid "paper weights"? This is made by Winkler Knives, so it's Tacticlol potential is made up for by the fact that he actually knows what he's doing.

pFlbcPj.jpg

Last edited:
Back