I want a Saddleback briefcase!

But what in the world would I use it for? They just look so nice that I think I need one.

I spend all day at work, come home, play with my daughter and then spend hours checking out knives and guns online. What in the heck would I do with it?

I think I'm going to eventually get a SBL briefcase to carry my laptop and camera equipment around when I travel. Then I'm going to travel. See how that works? First you get the SBL bag because it evokes the idea of travel, and then you end up traveling. I recommend caution. This kind of thing can be addictive.

By the way, your daughter probably doesn't care if you hang out with her at home or at some vacation destination. And SBL briefcases can be used as a diaper bag too, assuming your daughter is still in diapers. If not, then it can be used to hold your daughter's jacket/sweat shirt when she doesn't want to wear it anymore while you wander around SeaWorld. I know this to be true because I recently wandered around SeaWorld with my large satchel and my daughters. I also discovered that when I wander around San Francisco with my kids, then my satchel can be used to hold many of the things they find to purchase. But, see, the commonality in all of this is the travel, my daughters, and my SBL bag.

As I said, this kind of thing can be addictive.

I'm going on a cruise with my wife and kids this November to the Caribbean. I'll bring my satchel. I wonder what they'll find to put in it ....

Oh by the way, I have discovered that my large satchel works pretty well at the pool. I use it to carry sun screen, cell phones, wallet, the kid's flip-flops, usually a towel, my kindle, other odds and ends, and a titanium flask of really good scotch. The other fathers at the pool really like my satchel. Well. They actually really like what I carry in my satchel. Go figure.

:D

I've been thinking of buying one to replace my current leather brief case which is heavily worn since I carry it to meetings and classes everyday, however the price is a little steep for a university student on slave wages.

I've been thinking of buying one to replace my current leather brief case which is heavily worn since I carry it to meetings and classes everyday, however the price is a little steep for a university student on slave wages.

Save up, it's honestly worth it. I bought a black large briefcase a couple of months ago after thinking about it for a year. I had to sell an item and save a few bucks, but the briefcase exceeded my expectations.

I saved up (college student) and bought a briefcase off of Dave's Deals last year. Paying $325 is still steep but it's a far measure less painful than paying $550, and there were no noticeable blemishes on mine. I am extremely pleased with it and use it as a laptop/bookbag most every day.

I'm still fighting the impulse to buy a large briefcase. I think I'm losing that fight ....

My grandfather has one and he let me borrow it for my trip this weekend and i have to say people who are intrested in real leather gear just stared in envy its beautiful and i can actually say now that its worth the money and personally if i had the money and travelled more i would get myself one. It would last a lifetime. it was the black chestnut backpack. Weoth the money for a serious traveller

Last edited:
I am thinking about a large bad, maybe an overnight, or "water" bag. I carry a huge stack of files into court, and right now, I am packing a shoulder bag (maxpedition mongo) and a large hard sided brief case.

One of these would really do the trick.

I bought a large SBL briefcase and sometimes think I could have done with a medium. Every time I find myself thinking that, I consider that I'd have 2" less room and know I made the right decision.

It was definitely bigger than I expected but at lease four days a week I carry the following: laptop, lunch bag, Nalgene and occasionally a shortie umbrella. 7.5 lbs requires some heft that you wouldn't face with some of the other, synthetic, bags but man is mine pretty. Compliments always.

I've owned one of Dave's XL briefcases for over 3 years. Beautiful. Bulletproof. Gigantic!

Honestly, if I loaded the thing to capacity, I'd never be able to lift it without a crane :eek: Honestly, the L would have been fine for 17" laptop and all my biz travel needs.

I also recevied the duffel as a gift. Slight issues. Excellent customer service! That thing is bullet proof as well. I'm quite sure they will outlast me.

Price is a concern. These bags aren't cheap. But they're not built cheap either. If you're on the fence just keep in mind that you're buying once, not every 5-10 years. Every scratch, scuff, or (gasp) stain will be a story to share.

I've had one of their large briefcases for 4 years now. Amazing quality. I know unless it gets lost, I'll never have to buy another.

I'd love to see you guys with years old Saddlebacks post pics of what they look like now after years of use!

After waffling back and forth on this purchase for months, I finally pulled the trigger on a medium classic briefcase. Tobacco brown.

I work in the insurance industry and I carry a briefcase to and from work every day, but dang it, my wife went and bought me a Kenneth Cole leather briefcase a couple years ago, and I'm stuck with it. I just try to abuse it so it will wear out faster, then I can buy my large thin briefcase from SB.

Back