1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

I was expecting alot from Busse

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by XtianAus, Sep 15, 2016.

1. gruntmedik

gruntmedik Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Congrats on a wonderful knife! RMD was my gateway dru...knife into the Busse world.

14 later, and the sickness is well rooted within my soul. I hope there is no cure, but my wallet begs for one.

Glad you've been infected. :cool:

2. Panthera tigris

Panthera tigris Street Samurai Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 21, 2012
    Congrats on your new knife.

The RMD just feels so right in the hand. One of the few knives i've let friends and family hold that never fails to give them a sense of power. You hold the rmd, it becomes like an extension.

All hail the ratman!

[​IMG]

3. elof_alv

elof_alv Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Mate, you're screwed now!
    Especially with this exchange rate...

4. ozgooner

ozgooner

Sep 24, 2011
    Glad to help out mate. So what are we getting next? ;)

5. XtianAus

XtianAus Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2016
    I am glad you guys agree on the magnificance that is the rmd haha. It sure is a beefy knife with a lot of power, that was one of the first things i thought. Photos dont do that part of it justice.

And yes for sure the exchange rate is a killer *sigh*

I am thinking about emptying my bank account on an axe hammer :D
    A move i would once never do but now i have really been bitten...

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  6. ExtraBaconPlease

ExtraBaconPlease

Mar 8, 2016
    The only bit of advice i can give you is to pick a number you are comfortable having your account at, say $2000 and make that the new zero. Don't go below it in case of emergencies i.e OP2W part two or a crazy deal on the exchange popping up!! :D

7. XtianAus

Mar 3, 2016
    Hahahah! True that man!! That is sure an emergency if i have ever heard one :D
    Once op2w starts up again i think there will be real trouble for all our accounts.

8. inkynate

inkynate Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Congrats!!

I took the plunge into Bussekin with a RMD CG order from the Swamp late last year. Then of course I bought around a half dozen blades off the Exchange and was adding new Op2Wks orders with urgency by the time it arrived lol :D

One of the Exchange scores while I was waiting for my RMD was... a RMD!, (LE) :thumbup:

Love this pair:

[​IMG]

9. XtianAus

Mar 3, 2016
    Sweeeeet!! You sure didnt muck around once you got your first, it seems like that quickly multiplied and multiplied :D

That LE is damn sweet!!
    I sure wouldnt mind something like that or similar - like a swatmandu

Nice picture too, combo/pair!

10. RobStanley

RobStanley Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2006
    Awesome first Busse kin blade mate. The RMD has certainly proven itself to be arguably one of the most popular blades ever to come out of the Busse shop.

Oh, and hide you credit cards, get your significant other to change all the passwords on your bank accounts and run for the hills. :D

11. inkynate

inkynate Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Thx! Yeah, it's a sickness lol. I was sort of looking at a couple Infidu's at the time, but then I saw the LE and was able to snag it for a great price, very glad I did.

I have almost the same red taco sheath for mine as you posted with yours, except mine is from Welke. You clearly have great taste :D :thumbup:

12. tuica

tuica Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Welcome to der madness. I also started with an RMD. At last count...45 Bussekin. Not gloating (perhaps just a wee bit), just showing what can happen.

13. unklfranco

unklfranco

Apr 2, 2011
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news but that's not a Busse knife. Its a Swamp Rat. You'll have try harder next time and make sure it says INFI and Busse on the side. I will gladly dispose of the one in the picture for you for free this time but it will cost you next time.

Run while you still can :)

14. Cobalt

Cobalt Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 1998
    I expected a lot from Busse, until he sent me a bottle of pigs nose !!!:eek:

Gotta admit though it's good stuff for 30 bucks, kinda like Cold Steel. So Basically Jerry sent me a Cold Steel

15. lozdesign7

lozdesign7 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 19, 2011
    lmao!!!!!

16. XtianAus

Mar 3, 2016
    Thanks for the kind words, super stoked to be a qualified busseholic :D

17. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    I remember when I got my first...it seems like only yesterday...and now about 100 blades ago....sweet Hesus how did that happen.... ????

18. elof_alv

elof_alv Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2009
    You only have to make sure that you're covered for a 100 lifetimes... ;)

19. Thrill

Thrill

Sep 9, 2010
    You can't beat the RMD. Enjoy the craziness.

20. joshuaharman

joshuaharman Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Congrats amigo! The RMD is the epitome of a 5" blade. Mid-size knives don't get any better than that. My goal is to get one for each of the kids....short lived goal I think. Got one...the other three may take some time. Welcome to the addiction. I'm trying to recover ;). And NICE blade BTW!!!