I was planning a visit to the Emerson showroom....

Daniel L

Gold Member
I'm planning a trip to the USA later this year and one of my highlights was planning to visit the Emerson showroom.

I asked if I could order online and pick up instore.... not possible (for international buyers.)
If I come to the showroom as an international buyer, I was informed I need to pay cash, which is inconvenient when every Emerson is practically $250+. I might buy 1 or 2 or none.

My last purchase a few years ago was a Persian and that was a lot of hassle. It happened but it was a lot of hoops to jump through.
Guess they must have had a ton of fraud cases and they sell everything they make, so I totally understand their policies.

It also looks like there are no more Emerson dealers either. They've gone to a direct only model.
It's making me feel I should just drop the idea and buy a Spyderco from a brick and mortar dealer :)

You could 1) ask a BF member to buy the one you want and mail it to you via DHL or whatever. Offer that member $40 or so for the inconvenience and you will have to pay shipping. 2) Buy one off the exchange (assuming the one you want comes up for sale) and pay extra for international shipping.

This is more costly than buying directly from Emerson, but it is a way to do it.

I'm sure it has to do with fraud, and the fact that the state of California has given up on putting criminals in jail or even investigating crime.

You could 1) ask a BF member to buy the one you want and mail it to you via DHL or whatever. Offer that member $40 or so for the inconvenience and you will have to pay shipping. 2) Buy one off the exchange (assuming the one you want comes up for sale) and pay extra for international shipping.

This is more costly than buying directly from Emerson, but it is a way to do it.
Yeah I considered that, but then I asked myself how much I really want to pay for an Emerson production folder. The value equation and options start to get out of whack.

Still.. I'm keen to pick up a EX-100 at some point.

Back