ID This Shadow IV

I recently purchased a used Shadow IV. The knife is dark gray stamped made in the U.S.A. On the other side is the Chris Reeve logo with a number 21. The sheath looks like that for an Aviator and has the markings Paso Saddlery MAKERS El Paso, TX. Any Info on this knife would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

In answer to your question----I can't answer that question right now! To find the history of that particular knife, we would have to search in the historical archives buried deep in the ground underneath the workshop and I can't get convice anyone to get them for me!! (It's rumored that unathorized personnel never return!)

Anne is the one with the answers for this question. When she returns from South Africa, I will have her get the specifics for you.

Thanks,
Mark

Wolf:
Here is the information I was able to get from Anne. Your particular Shadow IV, number 21, was made in March 1990. We experimented with a pancake style sheath for the 5 1/2" knives but feedback from users indicated it was not comfortable, so we went with a more traditional, snap style sheath.
El Paso Saddlery made our sheaths for a couple of years before we started working with Gfellers.

Hope this helps!
Mark

Back