Idaho Made

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "pointless hole" is actually part of the machining process and has been a sort of feature of the Sebenza since the begining. The Idaho made engraving just suddenly appeared and for what seems like no good reason. It is not tastefully executed at all and detracts from the simple plain look that attracts a lot of people to the Sebenza in the first place. No body is saying that is makes the knife less usefull or any other argument some noobs to this thread seem the be throwing about. It is about esthetics and that is part of peoples decision making when choosing a knife weather people like it or not.

Alot of peole who don't like that engraving have spent (£)$1000s with CRK over the years and frankly should have at least a little say in what their money goes on. People who jump in here saying "I just bought my first CRK and I don't give a monkeys about that engraving" are totally missing the point..........

+1 :thumbup:
I do not really care for the stamp. I just purchased a Sebenza without it. I was given a Umnumzaan for Christmas with no stamp. I have another Sebenza with the stamp, I'll end up selling or trading it. Regardles of whether people like it or not, it will probably stay that way. By the same token, people will vote with their dollars. I would be interested to see how this plays out and if there is a stalemate of some sort.

No one is questioning whether the Sebenza or Umnumzaan is good or not. Anyone that owns, collects, or uses knives knows they are good. Of that there is no doubt in anyone's mind. I think the knives are great.

Last edited:
Ok, yall have gone and convinced me. I hate that damn IDAHO MADE stamp. But instead of being a cry baby about it, I'm going to do something. I have the old truck loaded with all my weapons and C4. We're gonna go put a stop to this IDAHO MADE silliness. Reeve can't do this. The people own his property not him!

Ok, yall have gone and convinced me. I hate that damn IDAHO MADE stamp. But instead of being a cry baby about it, I'm going to do something. I have the old truck loaded with all my weapons and C4. We're gonna go put a stop to this IDAHO MADE silliness. Reeve can't do this. The people own his property not him!

Well, that sounds like a fantastic idea........ :rolleyes:

Anyone with a large 21 who is sufficiently distressed about the IDAHO MADE logo to want to get rid of it, contact me:D.

Oh he can do as he pleases with his knives alright. People don't like it they sure don't have to buy them do they?;)

Well it seems I may have a 50/50 chance of getting "stuck" with the Idaho Made stamp.

I ordered my New Large about a week ago from Knife Center because they had that 10% off everything in their store deal and knowing they didn't have it in stock so if they have to go get one, it might be the dreaded Made in Idaho model that won't cut anything and won't lock up solid :(

:)

Well it seems I may have a 50/50 chance of getting "stuck" with the Idaho Made stamp.

I ordered my New Large about a week ago from Knife Center because they had that 10% off everything in their store deal and knowing they didn't have it in stock so if they have to go get one, it might be the dreaded Made in Idaho model that won't cut anything and won't lock up solid :(

Perhaps you can point out where a single person that doesn't like the IM engraving has made that claim ?

I'm with the majority here, I think it makes it look cheap. These knifes always looked great with just the CR logo. Everbody here knows him and where his knives are made, there is no need for this. I expect the prices on the older models to go up real soon.

jeff-pic.jpg

sorry, did it in paint, she is stating "They're telling the truth again. Make them stop." :D

Bad-ass photo of you jeff, only thing missing is a bottle of koolaid and a M4 with 25 lights, 30 scopes and 15 sound supressors.

Perhaps you can point out where a single person that doesn't like the IM engraving has made that claim ?

I lol'd

Anyone with a large 21 who is sufficiently distressed about the IDAHO MADE logo to want to get rid of it, contact me:D.
Good luck with that. :D

In an effort to ease the suffering of anyone stuck with one of these horribly stamped knives.... I made the same offer over 2 months ago for any 'IDAHO MADE' stamped CRK... no takers to date though. ;)

I can't believe I read all eighteen pages of this...well most of it any way. I have to admit that reading all of some of the posts was just more than I could manage. I really don't get what the big deal is. I don't see how it could possibly effect the function of the knife. I have never seen this kind of stink raised over names like Solingen, Sheffield, or Seki being written on a blade. Frankly with all of the crap going on in this country, with more and more states asserting themselves and their rights in this little republic of ours, I am surprised there hasn't been more of this, and I sort of hope that there will be more of it for my own reasons. I only own one CRK, an Aviator, but I have been eyeballing a Sebenza for some time. I love the lines of the knife but I have been on the fence for a long time trying to justify that much expense on a folding knife that would lead a hard life in my hands. For the most part the only pictures I've been able to find showed "like-new knives" which told me nothing about withstanding hard use. I have no interest in collecting knives for the sake of collecting so it took months of research an hour or two at a time here and there in my "free" time to figure out who the ones actually using CRK knives in the field were. Then I knew why there were so few pictures of used Sebenzas on the web. That had me nearly over the fence, I think this little display of state pride may just finish me off. At least if the knife doesn't hold up as well as I think a $400.00 folding knife should, I will still feel good about supporting something I like seeing, and to me that is worth a little something extra. So...now to check out current pricing.

This, without a doubt, made reading all of this worth while :thumbup:

idaknow.jpg

That is a great picture, I do not like the stamping but that picture pretty well sums it up on this topic.

Mist; i have a sebby and it hold up great. Given i dont baton it, but it has been droppes a few times and the titanium has taken some dents. Should get some pics up..

I understand. Batoning with any folding knife would only be done on a "must/need" basis, and it requires a slightly different technique to preserve the well being of the knife so no biggie there. Would love to see some pics.

I've been thinking about this issue a lot. I think I have a solution. I am writing my congressman and senators to try to get the Congress to cede Idaho to Taiwan. That way, Chris can change the stamp to "Made in Taiwan" instead. I think that'd bring an end to the discussion about the Idaho logo? :rolleyes: ;)

I've been thinking about this issue a lot. I think I have a solution. I am writing my congressman and senators to try to get the Congress to cede Idaho to Taiwan. That way, Chris can change the stamp to "Made in Taiwan" instead. I think that'd bring an end to the discussion about the Idaho logo? :rolleyes: ;)

:thumbup: That sure would be the end of the whining about this boring issue, but I`m sure that people would find something else to complain about. I don`t know what, but perhaps chinese made CRK`s or something......... . :rolleyes: :p :D

I have to admit I prefer the aesthetics of my "Pre-Idaho Made" classic Sebenza to the newer models, but the stamp wouldn't prevent me from buying a new CRK knife.

After all, 99% of the time it's clipped in my pocket when I'm awake or sitting on a shelf in my closet while I'm sleeping. I don't sit around gazing at the scales.

Wow, you guys. Some of you guys are crying over spilled milk.

I wonder what you guys would say if the stamp said, "Idaho Made, Earth."

:thumbup: That sure would be the end of the whining about this boring issue, but I`m sure that people would find something else to complain about. I don`t know what, but perhaps chinese made CRK`s or something......... . :rolleyes: :p :D

Ya think??? :D :D :D I'm shocked, shocked. :rolleyes:

Too many words...sounds like American Global Hegemony...I'm sure we can find some bone to pick with that??? :D

I won't be buying any more CRK's. I don't like the Idaho Made engraving.
that makes 2 i will not buy one with the stamp,it does not matter if i like it or not it is not going away,i will see how the sales are,my 2 cents they will drop alot.............

At least Spyderco has the good taste to put their markings on the blade's tang where it belongs. Not on the handle where it doesn't. If my Ti Military it's USA, EARTH stamped into the handle in big bold letters, I'd not have bought it either, so there you go.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back