1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We will be conducting maintenance tonight to update server processes. Downtime may be 1-2 hours or more, starting at 10:15PM Eastern.

[IDENTIFICATION] Is this a Biscayne French trade axe?

Discussion in 'Axe, Tomahawk, & Hatchet Forum' started by Pindvin, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Agent_H

Agent_H Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2013
    I buy coffee 5-7lbs at a time at about $10-$12 each time, hermetically sealed. I have 10-12 bags in storage. I very much enjoy coffee. Sometimes I will get up at 4am and drink nearly a pot to myself and work on stuff before the family is awake.

Also, I have an obscene amount of toilet paper, paper towels, and white fuel.

I prepare my coffee at home and wash my thermos every night. If I am out and I want a decent cup of coffee I will drink Starbucks or Dutch Brothers via drive though.

I mean, if we are coming clean.

Your axe is interesting too.

Trailsawyer, 300Six and Square_peg like this.
  2. Pindvin

Pindvin

Dec 11, 2008
    I'll post some pictures after cleaning it up with a wire wheel
    electrolysis did not do much, but it refined the stamp just a bit.

Agent_H likes this.
  3. 300Six

300Six

Aug 29, 2013
    Oh yes! The Dutch are renowned for their love of coffee. Problem with getting older I've grudgingly had to give it up after supper and in the evenings or I can't fall asleep.

Kevin Houtzager likes this.
  4. Kevin Houtzager

Kevin Houtzager

Jun 25, 2017
    Same here and not that old yet ;) Although in my case its a Dopio or Double Espresso. More a less a triple or quad espresso, as I drink mine from a full mug. That gets the hart pumping in the moring. But the reality check came when I drank 18 cups of double espresso a day. After a while it's zombie mode, so I seriously had to detox from coffee for a while. So now its two mugs. Clients do know that I like coffee though. No coffee at an appointment means I won't do anything. But I cant stand milk or sugar, let alone decaf in my coffee. So no special late macciato or even cappucino for me. Just black or espresso. And in going abroad, you understand just how important coffee is and the relative high quality the dutch have compared to most markets. I won't even touch English coffee for that matter.

5. 300Six

300Six

Aug 29, 2013
    Much like you, I stock the pantry when coffee is on sale. The problem with laying in a lot is the cache has to be carefully organized/rotated so that you don't accidentally uncover some that are well beyond the 'best before' date. This has happened to me a few times. Ground coffee does have a shelf life! Nowadays I also inspect for the expiry date before buying just in case the sale enticement is more about disposing old stock than benefitting frugal coffee drinkers.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 1:31 PM
  6. Kevin Houtzager

Kevin Houtzager

Jun 25, 2017
    Saw this post way to late, but 2 questions?

WTF is Dutch Brothers? Never heard of that? EDIT: Cool :cool:

And Coffee pricing: Are those prices for 5 to 7 pounds or just per pound? Ground is actually cheaper here then the beans themselves. As a refferance to pricing over here: Kanis en Gunnink (just a run of the mill brand) €7,50 at 500gram (ground). Thats $8,42 at 500gram or 1.1lb. Equals about $8,-- a pound? But I'm guessing your price is for 5 to 7 lbs?