Identity of Schrade knife

I have a number of Schrade Old Timer knives and like them a lot. It's too bad Schrade stopped making some of them, like the Deerslayer and the Mountain Lion. I recently picked up an older Old Timer knife that was old stock in a store and was wondering what it's model number and name is. The knife has the model number and Schrade name ground off the blade and I guess it's a substandard in some way. It looks fine to me, with no obvious flaws. I believe this model is long discontinued. It looks just like the Uncle Henry Prospector (165-UH) but is an Old Timer, with the Old Timer shield embedded in the handle.
Just out of personal interest, would anyone know the name and model number of this knife, and when it was discontinued. I'm also wondering what made a substandard knife substandard. Was it cosmetic flaws or functional flaws? Thanks.

Marty - The knife in question sounds like a 160OT or 165OT. To mark "factory seconds" we've historically x'ed out the tang stamp. I would guess that it was ground off on the outside somewhere. Our seconds are always cosmetic in nature, but never with functional problems.

------------------
Tim Faust
Product Manager
www.schradeknives.com

Back