If a tree falls in your backyard, and there is no one there with a khukuri...

MacHete

Hair Cropper & Chipmunk Wrangler
to reduce it to mulch, then someone had better place an order with GH!

A big ol' ash tree just went horizontal in my brother's back yard. I, of course, leapt to the rescue with an assortment of chopping implements. Chief among those I used was my K.O. Khuk. I really hadn't had a chance to put it through its paces, and so was eager for the opportunity (though sorry for my brother's fence.)

Man-oh-man-oh-man do I like this thing! While a neighbor was chainsawing everything fuel sized, I was tackling everything smaller than my wrist with the K.O. It is not the heavy chopper my other khuks are by any means. But, it is scary sharp and stays that way, and it is SO agile.

We reduced a forty-five foot, double trunked, 79" dbh hardwood to tinker toys in about five hours. Paul Bunyan would be proud.

In light of my glowing review, I must wonder and ask: WHY are these still available at GH when there were only 15 made? They should be long gone. I hope that I have some credibility here. If you reserved one of these and backed out, I strongly recommend you reconsider. If you weren't on the list, now is your chance to jump on a unique and very useful khukuri.

Good post and to hear the KO is such a great khukuri. As for me, I've decided to go rosewood exclusively, even though it can be pretty restrictive as far as models go.

I've been wondering how these great looking units perform, and from what you say, they're as good as they look.

Dan

Back