If I could keep only one knife...

Come on your on BladeForum! No one has just one knife. :rolleyes:

This is where GatorMedic GatorMedic jumps in and shows us how it's done. One knife to rule them all!

I'm not quite there, but only have a small number of knives. Just one? While I currently EDC my Lionsteel Warhorse the most, it would be tough to give up my 20CV/G-10 Mini Grip - there are times where one-handed opening is really convenient. I'm not sure which I'd pick, but it'd probably be fine with either one of those.

-Tyson

Given their history if your 3V from BRK is rusting like raw iron that's probably because it ain't really 3V.

That aside, if I could only have one it might be the humble Delica. It's blade is small enough that I can carry it pretty much anywhere that isn't Chicago, has a big enough handle that it's comfortable even for extended use, it's light enough that I can carry it in athletic shorts but sturdy enough for camp chores, the VG10 holds an edge well enough that I won't be resharpening constantly, but sharpens easily on widely available ceramics.

The Delica is actually far from the perfect knife for me when given a plethora of options, but it's a very versatile and incredibly competent design that would serve me well as my only blade.

If I can only have one knife, that would mean that I may have to defend myself with it. So, I would have to choose my Carothers Performance Knives U/F in "real" 3V because it is the best knife that I own. But that will probably change when my CPK DEK1 gets here.

I dearly wish I will never be in a situation like that. I like them all, all have their uses and all get used to their best. What's with this traumatic fantasy like "you must choose one knife for ever and no going back". I say Piffle !

It would be tough to choose between these two...

Vic Forester Grip M
h14zZMK.jpg

Buck Custom Shop 112 with elk and S30V
6YgQRrl.jpg

The Buck is just so darn beautiful and just great in every way.
But the Vic is just so useful and handy and practical in every way.

Tough question as like most of us we have way more knives than we confess to our wives. My latest obsessions are a CRK large Inkosi with inlays and a Hinderer Gen6 3.5 slicer. If I really had to live with only one knife it would probably be my CRK large 21 Insingo that I've beat on for the last several years.

This is where GatorMedic GatorMedic jumps in and shows us how it's done. One knife to rule them all!

I'm not quite there, but only have a small number of knives. Just one? While I currently EDC my Lionsteel Warhorse the most, it would be tough to give up my 20CV/G-10 Mini Grip - there are times where one-handed opening is really convenient. I'm not sure which I'd pick, but it'd probably be fine with either one of those.

-Tyson

Lol yep. Still happy rocking a Benchmade Bugout as my only knife :)

One folder, would have to be a spyderco in Lc200n. Probably the Caribbean. (Not my favorite folder, but if I had to have 1 for everything)
One fixed blade, probably my turley green river in 154cm

Back