If I was just getting into grinding knives...

I just drilled new holes through the side of the housing...o_O

True... What I meant was the variable speed on the harbor freight sander. Sorry should have clarified! :)

Any info on that motor and drive?

I think it's in the description of the video, it's a dc motor from pennstate or something

.... I would do this. Pretty slick set up. and way better than the KOWS lol (don't hate ;))

I love the CCC videos and all his mods.

I don’t own a HF 1x30, but want to step up from my WSKO-BGA. it is basically the same price to buy this HF+CCC+Penn motors setup or a variable speed Viel from Steve B. Which would you choose?

True... What I meant was the variable speed on the harbor freight sander. Sorry should have clarified! :)

I think it's in the description of the video, it's a dc motor from pennstate or something

I've thought about getting that motor for a different piece of equipment. Currently have variable speed reversing motor on my HF. Along with truing up the drive and idler wheels has made it a very useful tool.

I love the CCC videos and all his mods.

I don’t own a HF 1x30, but want to step up from my WSKO-BGA. it is basically the same price to buy this HF+CCC+Penn motors setup or a variable speed Viel from Steve B. Which would you choose?
Well I guess it just depends on your budget... But I didn't know about steve b (sharpening made easy) selling the vs viel, that's awesome!! Would def. Get that if you have the funds.

Well I guess it just depends on your budget... But I didn't know about steve b (sharpening made easy) selling the vs viel, that's awesome!! Would def. Get that if you have the funds.
Thanks! I’ve been looking at the Viel vs the Kalamazoo and I think the Variable Speed Viel might be the way to go!

Back