1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

IF MONEY WAS NO OBJECT, WHAT KNIFE WOULD YOU BUY???

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by jzs, Oct 7, 2017.

1. betzner

betzner CenCal Coast Platinum Member

Jan 23, 2007
    You know, I could turn this into a 10 pg Warenski thread, but that would be mean. So I won't.

SENGVIN likes this.
  2. DelialFallen

DelialFallen

Oct 2, 2017
    Rockstead Higo-JH-ZDP Honzukuri

[​IMG]

Lapedog likes this.
  3. TK Steingass

TK Steingass Knifemaker - Buckeye Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 16, 2010
    If money was no object, I'd make this knife for myself and use it to spoon out a lifetime supply of Matt Gregory's homemade red raspberry preserves.

Clay.jpg

4. JParanee

JParanee Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 2006

I love it :)

5. JParanee

Dec 23, 2006

Cherry for me :)

Matthew Gregory likes this.
  6. marcus52AR

marcus52AR Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 22, 2014
    Coolest post I've read today:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Methuselah likes this.
  7. erik markman

erik markman KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 13, 2007
    A Quesenberry.

8. SVTFreak

SVTFreak Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2011
    I’d have Tony bose build me a lockback stockman. 4” long. Main blade would be a clip at 1/8” thick with a nice long pull. The secondaries would be a wharncliff and a pen blade. But they would be reversed from standard stockman so that the wharncliff would open right handed. Those would be 3/16” stock. Some nice amber dyed stag and a double bomb shield. Perfection.

Actually waiting on just about this exact knife from ryuichi kawamura hopefully sometime this month it’ll be finished.

Jsega51 and marcus52AR like this.
  9. Adam Buttry

Adam Buttry

Nov 10, 2010
    If I had the means.....a Ron Lake tab-lock folder.

10. BFS

BFS Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 14, 2004
    I would like to have a Bob Kramer chef. I also wouldn't mind having this years CAS/Lurquin collaboration from Blade.

IMG_1977.JPG IMG_2052.PNG

11. SharpByCoop

SharpByCoop Enjoying the discussions Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 8, 2001
    I zeroed in on THIS one many years ago as THE one. A variant of this was what drew me into Custom Knives. Saw it at my first NCCA knife show.

[​IMG]

Like Buster Warenski, Wolfe's well of talent and form is limitless.

12. Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 6, 2014
    This will probably come as no real surprise to anyone that has seen my work, so here it is. IMG_1256.jpg

Jsega51, Lapedog and parfums95 like this.
  13. jjtjr

jjtjr Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2001
    The answer for me is easy, if I could find a Moran Damascus ST-24.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  14. Darrin Sanders

Darrin Sanders Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 6, 2009
  15. Mike157

Mike157 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 29, 2006
    There are a number of makers here that I would love to have blades from.....

In addition, a fine vintage nihonto, something from Yoshindo Yoshihara and son, and something from David Mirabile....oh wait (sorry, couldn’t resist).

Mecha and Matthew Gregory like this.
  16. Matthew Gregory

Matthew Gregory Chief Executive in charge of Entertainment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 12, 2005
    :D

Considering how badly I hoard it, it’ll likely be easier to get that knife, TK. :p

I will openly admit that I am a jam-hoarder. In fact, today’s task is Concord grape. We picked them yesterday, at what I consider to be the finest organic Concord grape jam farm in the world. That will be the final batch for the year.

Great choice of knife, btw, TK. :thumbsup:

Mike157 and Mecha like this.
  17. JParanee

Dec 23, 2006
    I love grape :)

18. jdm61

jdm61 itinerant metal pounder Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 12, 2005
    Maybe something like this?
    Boxed-Gold-ST24.jpg

19. parfums95

parfums95 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 24, 2008
    With no reserve , his majesty Orc Angel

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Happy Birthday Haley

20. Stump Buster

Stump Buster Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 15, 2007
    There are soo many makers on here that I'd really like to have pieces from, but I'd love something from Sam Lurquin someday.

Mike157 and parfums95 like this.