If you could design CS's next oversized folder?....

Return of the X-2 Voyager It was done right the 1st time . You can change the lock maybe But want it slim and lite weight . VG-1 Japan will still work for me. The current Voyager line sucks . Thick as a brick shorter blade and feels terrible in hand. I gave my new XL away and haven bought a new C S folder since. Bought couple of fix blades but no folders. .

I carry my X2 daily clipped in front my pocket and a Eland in other pocket for general cutting .

I actually prefer "square" thicker handles over thin ones, so I like the new Voyagers. I'm not arguing or claiming my opinion is better, of course. I don't want a redesign, I'd rather see new original models.

Return of the X-2 Voyager It was done right the 1st time . You can change the lock maybe But want it slim and lite weight . VG-1 Japan will still work for me. The current Voyager line sucks . Thick as a brick shorter blade and feels terrible in hand. I gave my new XL away and haven bought a new C S folder since. Bought couple of fix blades but no folders. .

I carry my X2 daily clipped in front my pocket and a Eland in other pocket for general cutting .

X2 is a beauty

20160220_175421_zps7dtfecdn.jpg

a joy to carry, a joy to look at

20160220_174012_zpsrfupmttu.jpg

fits the hand like a glove

20160220_174207_zpsxbag7h9k.jpg

and has a 6" blade, not like the bigger XL Voyagers from today. I really dig that extra 1/2 inch, not only for aesthetics

20160211_164542_zpsf0vlxkti.jpg

Lock is indeed strong enough. Only drawback?

20160211_164221_zpsyaxrcbu4.jpg

To me, the non-reversible pocket clip.
That and the Desperado are the ones I'd really like to see come back!

Heck . . . may as well go all the way.
You know what a mellon knife looks like . . . right.
And you know how Cold Steel is all into swords about three feet long . . . right . .

I say why not combine two good things to make one epic EDC ! ! !
Super long, super skinny . . . doubles as a walking stick when folded . . .
What's not to like ? ? ? ?
There wouldn't be the usual displeasure with the pocket clip because . . . there wouldn't be one !
Done with your knife for the day ? Just stand it in the corner or put it in the brolly stand.

Excellent suggestion! Do it Lynn!

How about an XXL Espada with a 9 1/2" long x 1/4" thick blade. Hell, why not? The XL isn't very practical anyway, so why not up the ante. The looks you'd get when you whipped it out, would be worth the price of admission.

How about an XXL Espada with a 9 1/2" long x 1/4" thick blade. Hell, why not? The XL isn't very practical anyway, so why not up the ante. The looks you'd get when you whipped it out, would be worth the price of admission.

LOL man, at this point, i can no longer tell whether this is a joke anymore...

I'd like CS to bring out a new improved Talwar but with a thicker convex grind blade out of whatever steel is tough but cheap . Damn the weight -make her heavy duty . And no wedge cut out at spine . Just a beast that could chop thru hardwood or bone with no blade damage . Kind of a folding Trailmaster mated to a Talwar . Keep that price point DOWN ! Use cheap but strong materials . NO fancy coatings or colors . Make an XL with 5.5 " blade and an XXL as big as you can that still WORKS !

Name it the "Special Edition DocJD Survival Trailmaster Talwar" ! You're welcome Lynn . Can't hardly wait for the proof video .

Also issue an actually colossal sized knife if you're gonna use that name - you should build as big or bigger than the biggest Espada . THEN the name would not be a joke ! Rename the 4" the "Mini-Me Teeny Colossus "

And as long as we're dreaming -I've always wanted an XXL Raj with a thick convex chopping blade and massive Triad Lock . Sigh ...ah, well , more likely we'll see a sub 3" Colossus .:barf:

Last edited:
A folding machete/chopper. People are already humping or packing folding (Silky) saws. Think Rajah x 3-4 sort of thing.

6" Lucky with dual triad locks and waveable thumb plates like the Talwar. Maybe one plain, one serrated?

A bigger ak-47 would be awesome, to bridge the gap between the standard size and the fixed blade field knife. Between 5"-6" maybe.

I like DocJD's ideas and like him, I fear CS is downsizing their knives. I wish the CS moderator would weigh in and assure us that CS will be offering some new XL folders in 2017. It would definitely give us XL folder lovers something to look forward to.

Yup.
5.5" Colossus and Black Talon, I just made those two exact recommendations in the 2017 wishlist thread.
(Ok I said 5" Colossus, I don't think it needs to be quite so bulky, the handle would already be enormous at 5".)

Back