Off Topic If you could have any car (just for fun disucssion)??

I guess one just has to like said cars, because if I had the money i'd drive the classic American muscle, be much happier than driving a modern car, and have it rebuilt when needed.

There's the crux and the sign that you two were talking past each other. Modern cars are better in every way they're faster, safer, last longer, and are more dependable. There is not one piece of classic American iron that will out run it's modern incarnation and the gap gets bigger when compare high end to high end. 68 Hemi Charger 0-60 in 6.5 the 1/4 in 14.9, the '18 Challenger SRT Demon 0-6 in 2.8 and the 1/4 in 9.65.

Easy. Mercedes G 6x6. I love the Geländewagen, I love portal axles, and the 6x6 is even cooler than the G 4x4 square

32058868vl.jpeg

Call and I raise you a Unimog....Only thing I would add is a Train Whistle for slower traffic, although I'd probably cruise in the middle or sides of most roads.

unimog-off-roader-for-researchers-explorers-and-expeditions-header-01.jpg

Well, I live in Germany. Plenty of Unimogs around, my best friend had one for a few years, so I did drive it quite a bit. A buddy has a 1750, another has a 404. I love Unimogs, but the G 6x6 really is a great car. Too bad I don't have 850.000 € to spend on it : (

I've always been a fan of the 1965 AC/Ford 289 Cobra. Actually an FIA 289 Cobra would be best.

Ohh man.... I could make a huge list.... some cars I would LOVE to have in no real order (except #1) would be...

-snip-

Lexus IS300 3.0 1st Gen Manual (great 2JZ engine)

Man do I miss mine. Such a great car! Had an '03, 5 speed. For its day, it was a 3-series killer (not including the M cars) and was a blast on a road course or a back road. I've had quite a few great cars over the years, but it was one of my favorites.

CtmA3OI.jpg

It's pretty obvious, isn't it.
Koeniggsegg Agera RS!
Why would you buy anything else?

Koenigsegg_AgeraRS_side.jpg

I drive so slow that buzzards follow me up & down the road, so a fast car would be wasted on me. I like my pickups, but if I took a lot of road trips, I'd like a big Chevy Tahoe or Suburban. Preferably one with drive flat tires, armor, bulletproof glass, etc; like the Secret Service has.

pgtiekH.jpg

I didn't even have to think about it. The 92 corolla really is the Becker of cars. Drive it off a cliff, do a couple mag dumps into the hood, drive it for 87 years, it'll still go like a champ. An best of all, look stylish doin it. 8.9 KBB. Nuff said.

Great seeing all the eye candy here. Still, the best is yet to come.

Of all the cars I've owned, the mid-engined Toyota MR2 and Mini Cooper S were the most fun of all to drive. Both were under powered compared with the 911 C4 I also had but more than made up for it with their very different handling characteristics.

Low center of gravity of mid-engine designs impressed me the most in real world driving conditions. But Tesla showed the world how the battery mass situated under the floor boards and evenly distributed between the four wheels was a game changer.

YoPVcQB.jpg

Porsche Taycan

Last edited:
I was at the Audi Dealership last Saturday for scheduled maintenance and they loaned me the 2019 S-line A6...very nice! However I was walking the showroom and sat in what is now the car I want to own...the 2019 RS-5! Beautiful car with nice lines and churning out 444Hp with 443 ft/lbs of torque....badass!

Doc Browns Delorean, then I could time travel and test drive all of my favorite cars. When finished I'll trade the delorean for the one I liked best. If thats not an option, then the Ford GT (2005) would be it.

Back