If you could only live with one knife brand...

Folding knives would definitely be Spyderco.

Fixed blades I am not too sure about.

I would be good with...
Spyderco
Survive! If you could actually buy them.
LT wright
Adventure sworn
Busse/Swamp Rat

Reactions: Mo2
It would have to be the knives in our kitchen. They get the most use of any knife I own. They are Victorinox Fibrox. For EDC I like my Spyderco Gayle Bradley 1 which is very useful around the home and shop.

Case
They carry high quality traditional style folders that although not cheap are not out of my price rage either.

Man, you can't mention such a knife without showing a pic or two. They sound sweet and you know what they say " pics or it didn't happen" ;)

A pic or three... Can't beat hand-forged knives with prices ranging from free to $5.

thai-machetes-small-jpg.463501

thai-machetes-small-2-jpg.463502

thai-machetes-3-small-jpg.463503

Years ago in Thailand, we had a bad flood at my mother-in-law's house. She decided to slaughter a pig and sell it - maybe it drowned. Her ex-hubby was going to butcher it, and was looking for a knife. I had about a 10" blade Hmong hill tribe knife in my backpack and offered it. He laughed at me. So I proceeded to shave the hair off my forearm in one stroke. Pork was on the table in no time flat. Never underestimate a knife enthusiast, or a good knifemaker.

Last edited:
Definitely Spyderco. They are the only production blades I buy anymore.

Spartan Tactical - I could live great if I was limited to only using their folders and fixed blades.

That said, I think Benchmade’s full line of products is hard to beat.

Spyderco
  • Constant refinement of strong designs
  • New interesting models and collabs every year
  • USA and Taichung factories on par or better with quality and F&F compared to other AAA brands
  • I respect and relate to Sal and Eric, and appreciate that Spyderco has a graceful, intelligent presence in the community
  • Spyderco listens to enthusiasts
  • Cutting ability and ergonomics usually matter more than looks
I could probably go on. They are far and away the best, to me.

Probably either kershaw or case. I generally only buy US made knives and these fit the bill. Probably leaning towards case though since i seem to by far own more of them than any other knife.

Based on selection/number of patterns, handle choices, quality, and price, I'd have to say Rough Rider.

Thankfully, we will never be subjected to a monopoly for knife availability. Just think how much higher prices would be without competition.

Fällkniven. Love how simple their designs are and how well executed the heat treat and lamination are. I have been using them for my outdoor tasks exclusively. Big fan of the F1 series (normal and pro) specifically.

I wish I had an alternative brand but Spyderco takes my vote. For most of the reasons that have been mentioned previously mentioned in this thread. Great Knives, Great selection and when you think they have done all they can do and always seem to have fresh Ideas and designs. I looked at my collection this morning and realized that the largest portion of knives that I have are Spyderco's. Even though I don't intentionally get a disproportionate amount of Spyderco's there is a new configuration almost every week. New models, Sprint runs, Exclusives and other Variations. I think that overall they are the most innovative knife company around.

Back