If you missed BLADE, here is a chance to get a show WAS Knife!

allen456

It was a pleasure to meet those of you who were able to make it to BLADE! I hope to meet everyone else along the way! I wanted to give everyone a chance to grab one of the knives from my first BLADE Show so here you go. Thank you all for your support, I couldn't chase my dream without you! First "i'll take it" applies and thank you to everyone for your continued support!!!

First two:
Bush Adder in 1/8" CPM154 sporting ironwood handles over blue g10 with a yellow pinstripe. SFT $230
Patriot in 1/8" CPM154 with sweet sunburst g10 configuration, SFT $230

Next up:
Badger in 1/8" O-1, SFT, with sweet black ash burl wood over black g10 liner with yellow pinstripe. This is the FIRST Badger made!!!! $230
New "Thrasher" in 1/8" O-1, SFT, sporting figured maple over black liner with crimson red pinstripe. This is the FIRST Thrasher made!!! $220
New "Moccasin" in 1/8" CPM154, tapered tang, with sweet blue figured maple over black g10 liner with yellow pinstripe. $250

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbup:
What a great opportunity fellas for a superb quality knife.

You got it! Thank you so much for your continued support!!!

Thanks Allen, I also picked up your pine cone CPM 154 Bush Adder from Fiddleback Friday making my Bush Adder count 3. I think this a neat design for a versatile knife.

I love my patriot . It's a mean slicing machine. Pics in the user thread:)
Great choice

I saw that NUTRAMAC. A big reason I pulled the trigger. I like CPM 154 a lot. I see a little Sneaky influence in the Moccasin. If the Thrasher were in CPM 154, I likely would have that one coming as well. For those of you that have inquired about Allen's grinds, I prefer the hollow or flat grind to the convex grind with respect to sharpening and maintenance. I sharpen with water stones, and i have always been taught that you should thin the blade a little on the primary edge every time you sharpen the secondary cutting edge. The reason for this is so you maintain proper cutting geometry as the cutting edge moves into thicker portions of the blade with repeated sharpening. You can do this easily on a stone with hallow or flat ground blades. You cannot do it with convex ground blades. I know some sand paper and a mouse pad would make short work of this blade thinning process, but I have just not used this approach for sharpening knives.

I have not done a direct comparison of using convex ground blades to hallow or flat ground knives to have an opinion on performance. There may be a slight advantage to convex for some tasks, bit I have not noticed it yet.

I got the opportunity to not only fondle the awesomeness on Allen's table, but also hang out in the Pit at Blade and discuss knifemaking with the man himself. There may or may not have been a few drinks involved;)

Allen and I discussed grinds quite a bit and I think it's really cool to see him using the hollow grind on much of his work. It's big in the custom folder world, and I love seeing his fixed blades with this option. I wouldn't miss the chance to pick up some of this early work as I promise you, WAS knives is going places!

Bush adder is SOLD!!

Only one left is the Thrasher! Grab it while you still can!

what are the dimensions on the thrasher ? is it still available ? does it come with a sheath ?
thank you for your time,
Glyn

New "Thrasher" in 1/8" O-1, SFT, sporting figured maple over black liner with crimson red pinstripe. This is the FIRST Thrasher made!!! $220

Back