If you want an HI Kothimoda here's one for $200. Pix and deal.

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports Archive' started by Bill Martino, Feb 4, 2002.

1. Bill Martino

Bill Martino

Mar 5, 1999
    Here's a 12 inch Kothimoda. Pala and Bura came up with this idea. They know that $450 is a high price to pay so they made five pieces of this 12 inch version (one piece disappeared along the way -- UPS or customs is the richer). This is the Bura made 12 inch, 11 ounce Dhankuta made like nobody else can and handled with the spotted deer horn, mounted in silver. Can't find anything to say about it except excellent.

The scabbard is made of the basic wood wrapped in the best, most expensive lamb hide we can find. Adorned in pure silver by the "silver men."

The one in the pix took a hit during the 12,000 mile journey and there's a slight ding in the tip. Have a jeweler fix it or leave it as it and tell the story.

This dinged version goes to its new home for an even $200.

The perfect version are going for $250.

If you've had a hankering for an HI Kothimoda but couldn't quite swing the bucks here's your chance.

Call or email if interested.

You can't take the 20% off these prices. Sorry, but we need to stay in business.

Attached Files:

2. SamuraiDave

SamuraiDave

Apr 6, 2001
    :eek: WOWWEEE!!!! :eek:

3. jim_l_clifton

jim_l_clifton

Mar 31, 2000
    UNCLE,
    hMMMM!
    JIM

4. bobwill1

bobwill1

Apr 26, 2001
    Here I've been trying to come up with an idea on how to swing an 18" Gelbu Special and you post this! :D
    HIKV flare up coming on. :eek:
    Only problem, no money to fuel it. :( :(

5. Bill Martino

Bill Martino

Mar 5, 1999
    Ding is gone, one perfect gone.

Two perfect versions left.

6. CoalBlack

CoalBlack

Jan 24, 2002
    Uncle Bill and Pala are throwing fuel on the HIKV fire!:cool:

7. firkin

firkin

Jan 26, 2002
    Don't know what others think, but to me this is a great idea. Much better price point for a display piece for us financially-challenged.

Pair this up with the Royal Dhankuta in a secure (but owner-accessable for fondling) wall display case and you've got some sweet interior decorating.

If I had the $$, I'd be wondering how to non-destructively mount a case in my rented apartment right now.

8. wildmanh

wildmanh Part time Leather Bender/Sheath maker

Jul 9, 2000
    DANG!!!:eek::eek: That is one SWEEEEEEET Khuk.:):) Congrats to the lucky people that got them. Man, I am impressed.:) I'll bet even my mom would like one of them. Oh well, I'll keep my AK and stay warm this winter.:D

9. Bill Martino

Bill Martino

Mar 5, 1999
    Still two left.

10. bobrap

bobrap

Jan 3, 2002
    Uncle does this mean we won't see the 17.5' Kothimoda again? I'd really love to have one but I want to wait for the larger size. Can't wait for my Dhankuta to arrive.:D

11. Dave K

Dave K

Jul 5, 1999
    I'll take one Uncle Bill! :D

12. WrongFriend

WrongFriend

Jul 6, 1999
    Another 12" winner here! Is the kind going to come constantly?

If there should be one with 1/2" thick, round spine line, and deep curve.... how can I stop myself?

13. Bill Martino

Bill Martino

Mar 5, 1999
    All gone.

We will offer the 17 incher as our standard Kothimoda. I don't know if Pala and Bura will make this little one again or not. I guess they will if we get enough takers.