I'll take axis locks for $100 Alex.......

My favorite production knives for approximately $100 or less:

Pb220122.jpg

That Snody sure is a weird lookin' one. I hear they're gonna make an auto version like they did with the 520/5000.

That woud be the day. Knives are overpriced so much these days. Old timers would drop a load if you told them how much you are paying for knives these days. What happened to the good old days where, you could get fine American blade for 19.99 at the hardware store!?!?

Hi BoS! You know what I'm gonna say so I won't bother.... :D

Ya know, now that I look at the pic again, you need an 806D2 and a 710.

kidwholaughs said:
What happened to the good old days where, you could get fine American blade for 19.99 at the hardware store!?!?
What happened to the hardware store? :)

What happened to the salary levels of the "good" old days? :D

GarageBoy said:
All drop points!

Isn't the 705 clip point and the 420 "gotham" or something?

I can get Kershaws, Leathermans, and Gerbers, at a local hardware store. But the people don't really know anything about knives, limited selection, some good deals, but others are pricy. I think they might acutally sell to me too. :eek:

kidwholaughs said:
What happened to the good old days where, you could get fine American blade for 19.99 at the hardware store!?!?

That is such bullsh!t. I had, like, I 70yo in the store today complaining that a Shrade Oldtimer was $22. He made the biggest fuss! When he left, he told me he had to "think about it."

Err, 1st time it loaded, the 705 didn't show up.
The 420 is a Gotham Swedge Clip point, but it looks more like a drop point

Planterz said:
I hear they're gonna make an auto version like they did with the 520/5000.

There's one in the '04 Black Catalog. According to the catalog, the 420 has a blade length of 3.75". The 520 has a length of 3.4 ". The pic above shows the lengths to be about the same. Is there a typo in the catalog?

Wunderbar said:
There's one in the '04 Black Catalog. According to the catalog, the 420 has a blade length of 3.75". The 520 has a length of 3.4 ". The pic above shows the lengths to be about the same. Is there a typo in the catalog?

As a knife novice I am quickly learning that the printed blade length is very subjective indeed...... :rolleyes:

Well, remember that a 3.75" blade is only 10% larger than a 3.4" blade. With that perspective, that's easily possible. I've always found blade lengths to be exactly as advertised, you just have to make sure you're measuring from the right place.

Back