I'm a BF-aholic.

With my 100th post I would like to say 'Hi, my name is David and I'm a BF-aholic.' I stay until 3:00am checking my posts and seeing what else is going on. Some days are so bad I have a window open for each of my favorite forums and hit 'reload' to see if something else was posted. I frequent todays active topics. Just wait 'till I figure out the chat room. I haven't bought any BF T-shirts or knives yet. (Still trying to recover from Christmas). My wife is curious as to my new found interest in the internet. Well gotta go, I think that's her yelling at me to mow the lawn
smile.gif

Dave,
We'll be here as your support group, and we work much cheaper than a "shrink". Hehe.

Dave,

You are not a BF-aholic. What you are experiencing is completely normal human behaviour. I have been doing many of the same things as you, and I am not a Bf-aholic. It's like I keep telling my wife: I can quit any time I want to. Therefore I am not addicted.

You are being ridiculous. I mean, if you are a BF-aholic, that would make me one too. And I am definitely not a Bf-aholic. I can quit anytime I want to. Really I can. I just don't want to yet, thats all.

Seriously, I could quit if I really wanted to. I could quit right now. I just don't feel like it right now.

That's a good idea about having the forums open in seperate windows. Now, would a person who was not thinking rationally be able to think up something like that? Exactly. You are fine.

Normal behaviour. Totally normal behaviour.
I could quit anytime I wanted to.

Like, right now, I could quit if I wanted to. I think I might stop right now.

Just to prove that we are not addicts I will quit right now.

Okay I will quit right after I check out the Spyderco forum, and see if there is anything new in the discussion forum. Then if I feel like it I will quit.

You are not alone..... I am getting near 2,000 posts!

David Bloch from OutDoor Edge even called me to let me know how hooked he was!

Man you gotta love this place.....

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
BladeForums Site Owner and Administrator
Do it! Do it right! Do it right NOW!
www.wowinc.com

Not me! I only check here once a day, ok, sometimes twice a day...dang, it's been an hour, and I haven't accomplished anything!!!
wink.gif

------------------
"All of our knives open with one hand, in case you're busy with the other"
<OVAL OFFICE JOKE>

I thought I was bad when I came home at lunch and checked the forums...you guys are in classic denial!!! Hmmm...multiple windows then reload eh? Sounds like a plan
biggrin.gif

David,

I was wondering why you were posting so much... Hmmm...lets see. I'm on enough to read each of them before you add something else. I guess I'm in pretty much the same category (though I'm not usually up till 3 looking at stuff)

------------------
JP Bullivant

Hehe.. I come home at lunch to check the forums. Come home from work and stay on until bed. Reload this forum every minute or so at times like this.
smile.gif

My name is Shawn and I'm a BF-aholic. In the past month or so of being here, I've spent a few hundred bucks on knives, convinced both family and friends that I'm a knife-wielding psycho (damn sheeple), and spent countless hours using the search utility to read all I've missed in the past.

You know something's wrong when you reply to a thread 30 seconds after it was started.
smile.gif

------------------
Shawn
"Earth has its boundaries, but human stupidity is limitless."

Man Oh man am I glad that others are like me. Sometimes at work I check 3 or 4 times a day (oops!) and when I get really bored I even go to some of the forums and look at really old posts!

I am just glad I don't have web access at home or I would never spend any time with my family
smile.gif

------------------
Harvey Wareham

Live Long & Prosper, so you can buy more knives :)

Being a professional counselor and professor of counseling, I might add that the DSM-IV includes that "BF-aholics" must by criterion be affected in their outside lives or at work by the addiction for it to in fact be a physiological or psychological addiction. Well, here's to hoping my boss doesn't find out where I've been spending most of my time on the net.

Back