Im a Busse Convert!

Hi All!
I have been surfing the Busse forums for a while now and am really impressed. The abuse you guys put your knives through is amazing!

Up until recently I was more the "folder type" and I had never checked out this forum even though I am on BF all the time. I carry a small Sebenza, and when I needed to use (abuse) a knife I used my Buck Nighthawk fixed blade. As you can see, there is quite an imbalance!

Recently I saw an add for a Busse Badger Attack in "Blade." I was really impressed with it, but the reason it stuck in my head is a different story. Being a huge John Belushi fan, I remembered the first ever skit in the first ever Saturday Night Live where John played a foreigner who had trouble pronouncing "Badger." It sounded more like "Baah-ger." It may sound stupid, but that is why I checked this forum out. :)

Well, now I see the Nuclear light and need either a Busse or a Swamp Rat. The Battle Rat looks like a good chopper, exactly what I need.

This forum is really cool; the relationship between Jerry and his customers is amazing.

Needless to say, I will be spending quite a bit of time on the Busse forum. :D

Welcome K man. Glad you stopped in. Hope to see you post often here.

The decision on what to get first is very tough. Depends on a variety of factors, like what you'll use it for, what kind of carry weight limits you may have, and how much you want to spend at the time.

There are a couple Swamp Rats on the For Sale forum right now, and pretty reasonably priced.

Ebay has some deals here and there.

Of course, if you want one of the Combat Grade Busse offerings, call the shop. Kassi will help you out. Or, you can order online at the Busse site, www.bussecombat.com.

Let us know which model(s) you are considering.

Welcome K man:D

If you end up getting a Rat, definitely check out the Badger also! It would be a perfect companion for a larger chopper:cool:

K Man,

WELCOME ABOARD !!!!

Glad to have you here. . . .

I look forward to having you join in on our conversations.

Jerry

(in a good way ;) ).

Just when I think "naw, I'm not ready yet...". I see one of these posts and 'the man' himself-Jerry Busse-drops by to welcome a guy!

Mr. Busse you are too much man. I think I'd buy one of your knives even if they sucked (believe me, I know they don't!). It's just really great the interest you take in your 'customers'-somehow they seem to be so much more to you.

I can't praise you enough for your continued support and development of your products, but more importantly for the relationship you have with your 'converts'! heheh...

Someday.....someday..... :)

Sincerely,

Mongrel

Welcome aboard. Between the small Sebenza and the Buck Nighthawk, you have good tastes as both are great knives IMO. But Busse knives are a different breed. They are not hype. They are amazing. Word of warning however, once you get hooked on INFI, there's no stopping it.

Remember, Busse rhymes with: I can't stop buying and acquiring INFI; I need another and another. Then I need users and keepers and variants and customs and older models. I run around looking for stuff to do with INFI. I tough love my knives on weekends and post about it during the week. I buy and trade but rarely sell. The collection keeps goring and growing with no end in sight.

K Man,
Welcome aboard. The Steel Heart is also a great Busse to consider, however, like ThatmGuy said, give us a little insight to your uses, etc. We'll be happy to help you spend your money ;):D:D

Keep us posted.

:D

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I am looking for a mean, big chopper. Pure preformance. Im not worried about political correctness.

What blade lenght would be a good compromise between chopping ability and carry ability (for use at the cottage, deer camp, camping, ect.)?

I also want to say that Jerry has some of the most creative and fun contests I have ever seen. No number between 1-10,000, you have to work for it. Stop by Michigan soon, I can help you find some great hiding places:p :D :)

Go for the Battle Mistress. The Steelheart is a bit too light for decent chopping. It's a good all around knife, but if you want a chopper, well, the heaviest is the way to go.

I know how it is. I've been hooked bad too. Never owned one before and I've bought three in the last month. I started with the SH-E. Next thing I knew I'd bought one of the BAg3s. Yesterday I ordered a Basic 3 - I hope to be able to take the basic 3 to work without having to hear how it horrifies my co-workers.

Mongrel,

Thanks for the nice comments, but to be honest with you, the Busse forum members remind me of all of my old college buddies that I used to hang out with. Add a little beer, a few plastic tipped cigars, some Rebel Yell whiskey, and a stacked deck of cards and it's like stepping back in time. This is a great group over here and we're glad you stopped by. . . just remember to bring some CBL next time and a pack of Middelton Gold and Milds!!!!! ;)

Jerry

Mr. Busse,

It sounds like you had a lot of fun in college. I have to admit this is a really fun place.

It could be the mellow yellow background!!:D

Mongrel, as you can see, Jerry's taste in knives far surpasses his taste in liquid refreshments and smoking items (sorry, just can't bring myself to call those um,er, um, oh alright, cigars..)

Take his advice on knives, but steer clear of the CBL and the Gold & Milds. (trust me on this one..):p :D ;)

Thatmguy,

There's the problem! They're not "Black and Milds". . . they're "Gold and Milds"!!! No wonder you hate Carling Black Label!!! (see how I inexplicably tied those two together?)

It's like telling someone how good beer tastes with pizza and they go around telling people that you're crazy, because beer tastes like mud when you have it with anchovies!!!!!

Switch over my friend and you will see the light!!!!

Jerry;)

Jerry, I read and re-read my post, and don't know what you are referring to.

Maybe that CBL and INFI dust combo isn't so good for perception...

Yours in Nuclear Editing,
Mike
:p
:D

Back