I'm a Firestarter!

Nordic Viking

BANNED
Today the wife, kids and I, hiked a bit and grilled some sausages at an abandoned fire-place in the woods. I used my Gränsfors to split some wood, Mora to make kindling and my Lite-my-fire knify to create a spark based fire.

Here's a pictoral / video of my adventure today - with some background comments from the Prodigy:D .

http://web.telia.com/~u21806178/Firestarter150.wmv

p.s It gets quite boring after a minute, but I wanted to add the whole video for effect. :D

That was pretty well done, I enjoyed the background music, and the final shot in the video! :thumbup:

To really do it you would have killed a moose with the axe and roasted it !!

You *ARE* a firestarter.

Nice brats. Too funny.

That was great. I hope to get some practise when I go hunting Jan 20-22.

Taking the camera just incase we get something and I don't know what the weather is supposed to be like, but I hope it is cold :)

Cerberus

Awsome production NV. Thats how it's done, just needed a little Herring while waiting for the Brats to cook.:thumbup:

Very Cool! Great job, on production of fire and movie. Thanks for sharing!:thumbup:

Ha ha, I can see your sausage, NV.:D

Great Video! How do you like your light-my-fire knife?

As a side note you guys have a great site here, especially the W & S forum.

youngpup said:
How do you like your light-my-fire knife?

I mainly bought it to replace my carbon steel Moras for spark lighting - because they corrode so fast in damp environments. IMHO is almost not worth the $40 it costs. :thumbdn:

I lost the firestarter this afternoon, after it fell out of its plastic handle. I was trying to ignite some damp birch bark (in the dark) and the thing flew off after 10-15 rapid scrapes.:mad:

Nordic Viking said:
I lost the firestarter this afternoon, after it fell out of its plastic handle. I was trying to ignite some damp birch bark (in the dark) and the thing flew off after 10-15 rapid scrapes.:mad:

I wrote to Light-My-Fire asking where I could buy a replacement and they sent me one for FREE. Good show, for them. :)

Back