Im back and on the mend.

rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated.
Again, thanks for the smoke.

Does anybody know about the blade markings on the "HI business card sirupati"?
yangdu-birgorkha.jpg

Last edited:
Good to see you made it back, Danny!
I wish i could've helped you more, but it's pretty difficult to see what is going on from so far away.
As for the markings on that blade? They are as real as the blade itself. It is a photochop made long ago. I'm not sure by whom.

Hello Danny ----- as a "newby" to the HI World , I want to say THANKS for all your older posts -- I've read many of them and have learned quite a bit --- glad to hear your better -- stay healthy , Bird

Does anybody know about the blade markings on the "HI business card sirupati"?
yangdu-birgorkha.jpg

Welcome back Danny!
Oh speaking of which, it's a Hanshee from John Powell.
This pic was obtained via Berks off another forum.
303gr5f.jpg

Howard posted on HI's archive on this as well:
This is a great knife and probably more Indian than Nepali.

18.75" oa, 1lb 3oz

Silver bolster and mounts with very fine locket and chape with an
exceptional sangli attachment. The 'sangli' is the chain or 'tape' that is used to secure the kothimora to the sash. It comes in different forms, usually in silver, and is attached to the locket by a keeper that is attached to a nut or loop. Usually this is in the form of a ring but can be something as elaborate as this. The pieces on this particular knife are a matched pair of hinged blossoms. Pretty nice stuff.

The engraving on the ivory grip is as fine as
I've ever seen for a kukri.

Hanshee style c1830.
Sangli.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to see you, Danny:) Glad you are still (double backflip roundhouse snap) kickin';)

Good to hear from you, Danny.

Jay, That page was mine, but the commentary was someone else's. I pulled out the attribution so it won't be misquoted.

I also want to thank you for your posts. Specifically the Swords of HI thread you started 6 years ago. It's a history of HI's sword making. Without that thread I would not have begun my research on HI's prior sword models. Thanks! Looking forward to your current posts.

That is very good news. Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery. Peace.
David

Back