I'm In Hospital!!! :(

We are all hoping you manage a fast recovery and a sexy nurse.

n2s

Its nice to see that theres so many people that care about him not only in his circle of friends and family but in the online community aswell.

About that sliced ear - the top half of his right ear was sliced clean off and had to be sewn back on.

Hey there you guys! It's me this time! My "Bro" (my bestest Uni buddy and I share the same Christian name of Daniel and are both Asian)

I managed to score a weekend (more like a Saturday night) at home!

I get out of this private rehab. hospital this Wednesday, 1st September. I was discharged from the Royal Melbourne Hospital (RMH, where I had been laid up for 2 and a half weeks) on the 30th of July. I was flat on my back for the most part of 2 weeks!

I've had pretty intense physio, OT and rehab for this past 3 weeks. I will return there as an outpatient for more physio, hydrotherapy, and other treatment...

Now to clarify my injuries: I happen to have just 1 broken wrist, the left one, but broken in 2 places, I think. My Right Femur was shattered into at least 7 pieces, so they put a titanium midshaft-thingy in, called a "nail". I had 42 staples all the way up that thigh! My Right Ankle was both broken and dislocated and is in a fibreglass cast. My left wrist has a backslab bandage splint that is removable...

All in all, I'm getting much better. My Right leg, which was barely bending 24 degrees when I was discharged from RMH, is now bending around 110 degrees! I get around on a gutter crutch for my left arm and a regular crutch for my right... Your prayers are extremely welcome and thanks to you all.

This is a major turning point in my life. Actually, this is a mistake I'm paying for (some call it karma, but I don't). My dad specifically told me *NOT* to drive to Adelaide and I did anyway...

This has been a *HUGE* learning experience for me, with intense physical, mental *AND* Spiritual rehab...

Seeya all soon when I get out...

Monster respect for a bloke who can keep his sense of humour after all that!

Get well soonest, mate.

maximus otter

Hibuke said:
This has been a *HUGE* learning experience for me, with intense physical, mental *AND* Spiritual rehab...
That reminds me of a favorite old line: "Oh, no! Not another learning experience!"

Heal up, put all that learning to good use, and thanks for the example you're setting for the rest of us. I second what Max says: "Monster respect for a bloke who can keep his sense of humour after all that!"

Let Hibuke know that Golok says hi and wishes him a speedy recovery. :)

That sounds like one hell of a wreck. The best advice I can give is "Stick With It" and like a doc told me one time I had severe frost bite, "relax and enjoy it while you can, it won't last forever" . Seriously, I hope you heal soon and get back doing what you like to do.

Back