I'm not one for a knife fight...

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by zmbhntr, Sep 27, 2018.

1. zmbhntr

zmbhntr ̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿''̿ ̿ Gold Member

Jul 28, 2014
    ... but if I had to go to a knife fight I'd take a gun. A gun and my Nuked FMV8!

EDIT:
    I have gotten a few questions about the pistol in the picture, so I'm going to provide a little bit of information about it. The frame is made by Polymer 80, and it comes as a 80% complete frame. With simple hand tools, sandpaper, and some of your time you complete the frame and make it 100% functional. P80 makes a few different frame types, but this one is compatible with Gen 3 Glock 19 parts. The big advantage to P80's is that they legally do not require serial numbers. There are a lot of great instructional build videos on YouTube, I recommend Tactical Toolbox's videos in particular. I highly recommend everyone build at least one for themselves, because big brother will not know about it, and big brother will not be able to confiscate it should it ever come to that. I don't intend to turn this thread into a political post one way or the other, so please research the specifics yourself if you are interested, and please don't bad mouth guns and gun enthusiasts in this thread (not that anyone would in this forum, but you never know).

As far as this particular build goes, I bought the stippled frame from Danger Close Armament, and had FNG precision coatings do the cerakote camo job. The Slide is made by Southwest Precision Arms. The barrel is made by Faxon Firearms and has their chameleon finish. The trigger is made by Apex Tactical. The red dot is a Vortex Venom, and I also have Ameriglo night sights (supressor height) in a battle cut configuration (sight in front of the optic instead of behind).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  2. jbarsquat

jbarsquat Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 22, 2017
    Nice pair of customs!

zmbhntr likes this.
  3. bambam99

bambam99

Oct 8, 2014
    :eek::eek:
    That busse is amazing!

zmbhntr likes this.
  4. BabyPot

BabyPot

Feb 18, 2016
    that knife i would take to a gun fight!

zmbhntr likes this.
  5. zombieassassin

zombieassassin Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Very cool B! They look too nice to use. I think you'd win the knife fight as soon as that FM cleared leather.

zmbhntr likes this.
  6. u812

u812 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 15, 2002
    Really like that one. Hope I get a Grex of some sort.

zmbhntr likes this.
  7. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    That photo is all kinds of win! :thumbsup:

zmbhntr likes this.
  8. fbusmc

fbusmc Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 28, 2008
    Wow, beautiful blade! It would be interested to know the details that went into that glock.. is it a Lonewolf custom by chance?

zmbhntr likes this.
  9. dogboye

Nov 23, 1999
    Looks like it is a 940C from P80. Then colored. I like.

ETA: Colored AND stippled, it appears. Nice.

zmbhntr likes this.
  10. zmbhntr

Jul 28, 2014
    Thanks, and you are correct!

Thank you! I added the build details to my original post.

dogboye likes this.
  11. COPIUOS

COPIUOS Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2015
    MAN!

12. Don't drop it.

Don't drop it.

Jan 10, 2014
    Very Cool. I Don't want to know the cost, because then I would look for ways to sell my Liver;):thumbsup:.

zmbhntr likes this.
  13. zmbhntr

Jul 28, 2014
    Haha. Admittedly, this was not a low-cost build. In general, P80 builds are not really about saving money, it's about the freedom. That being said, you can build one a bit cheaper than a stock Glock if you really put in the effort.

14. dogboye

Nov 23, 1999
    I’ve been towing with the idea forever. I guess I’ll go ahead and break down and get one after next payday. The only reason I’ve held off is I actually prefer the grip angle of the Glock to that of the 1911. And the 940 has the 1911 grip angle. Still, it wouldn’t hurt to get one and build it... as a backup... Maybe do like you and get a RDS compatible slide.

zmbhntr likes this.
  15. Don't drop it.

Don't drop it.

Jan 10, 2014
    Thanks for that knowledge, Now lets hope my google-fu is up to it , because I love your gun .

zmbhntr likes this.
  16. Private Klink

Private Klink Gold Member Gold Member

May 30, 2017
    Z, you have a nice pair!:D:thumbsup:

zmbhntr likes this.
  17. zmbhntr

Jul 28, 2014
    Actually, the best deals I have seen have been at gun shows. I have seen some fantastic deals for whole kits (frame, frame parts, slide, slide parts) for people that pay cash in person. It's worth checking out a show if you happen to have one nearby, I'm fortunate to have the Nation's Gun Show in VA fairly close by.

18. UNRL Ghandi

UNRL Ghandi Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 24, 2013
    I go to the same show. There's one this weekend but I can't make it so I'll be going in November. Didn't need much for gun gear (well stocked there), but now I want to pick up a couple of these frames now that I've seen what you've done with yours. Been toying with a pistol and AR build from 80% for a while. Can't stand Big Brother's Maryland Division...

Liberty or Death baby!
    20180323_191635.jpg

19. evltcat

evltcat Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2011
    LOVE the G-Rex and the smooth bolts!!!!!!! :eek:
    Congrats!!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

zmbhntr likes this.
  20. Joej71009

Joej71009

Sep 25, 2013
    Very nice! I have a similar G17 with RMR. I should have gone for the 19.

zmbhntr likes this.