I'm really excited for the 0566

To me, it looks like an 0560/0550 hybrid. From the pictures and very brief videos, it's my personal favorite of the 2013 ZT designs.
I like that it's A/O, I like that it's smaller than the 0560, I don't mind the steel lock side. It's smaller than the 0560 and 0550, so it probably won't feel particularly heavy compared to the two.
That's all.

To me, it looks like an 0560/0550 hybrid. From the pictures and very brief videos, it's my personal favorite of the 2013 ZT designs.
I like that it's A/O, I like that it's smaller than the 0560, I don't mind the steel lock side. It's smaller than the 0560 and 0550, so it probably won't feel particularly heavy compared to the two.
That's all.

It's actually a fair bit smaller than the 055X series when you look at specs. 3.25" blade / 7.87" overall vs. the 055X's 3.5" blade and 8.125" overall. The 0566 is nearly identical to the Cryo-II in size-specs (blade length, handle length, and overall length).

I'm super stoked for the 0566. I've been waiting for a ~3.25 Hinderer or RJ Martin flipper from ZT for a while.

I guess none of these have shipped yet? I pre-ordered from the beginning and still hear third quarter, which I believe we are currently in....

I'm super excited for the 0566 also, and I like the low price it has because of the steel lock side; Ti would be awesome, but I can see why they used steel.

Yeah, I'm excited too. For me the only lingering issue is whether the detente is strong enough to use de-assisted. I just don't like using assisted knives.

Yeah, I'm excited too. For me the only lingering issue is whether the detente is strong enough to use de-assisted. I just don't like using assisted knives.

This is for me the only worry as well, hopefully KAI found the sweet spot.

I am really looking forward to it as well. I got the Thermite, hoping that would "scratch the itch," but it just doesn't feel right in my hand.

I got to play with one at the blade show. It's a winner for sure. Can't wait for them to start being delivered.

I'm looking forward to it as well. My only concern is if it will take the place of my 0550. I don't know which one will end up getting more carry time.

Shaun

I guess I'm on the other side of things and am stoked that it's SpeedSafe. Is there a reason for so many people hoping it can be converted to manual, or just a personal preference thing?

I'd still be really into the 0566 if it was a manual, but being AO is just another plus for me.

I guess none of these have shipped yet? I pre-ordered from the beginning and still hear third quarter, which I believe we are currently in....

Summer ends on Sep. 21st and the third quarter ends on Sep. 30th. So, there's still some wiggle room left.

I guess I'm on the other side of things and am stoked that it's SpeedSafe. Is there a reason for so many people hoping it can be converted to manual, or just a personal preference thing?

I'd still be really into the 0566 if it was a manual, but being AO is just another plus for me.

For me it's just personal preference. The assist is a fun feature but I don't feel that I need it and it can draw unwanted attention.

I pre-ordered one also. I don't have a problem with AO, especially the speed safe system.

Speedsafe sort of takes the fun out of flipping it. The bars also have a tendency to crack or break after awhile so speedsafe knives without a detente hole are in danger of being made useless (until you can replace the torsion bar).

TIL the 0566 will have speedsafe. Ruins it for me I want a 0561 but dont want to spend the money I thought the 0566 would have been good middle ground.

TIL the 0566 will have speedsafe. Ruins it for me I want a 0561 but dont want to spend the money I thought the 0566 would have been good middle ground.

It will, however, have a detente hole so the only issue is whether the detente will be strong enough to make unassisted flipping fun. If it's as weak as the Blur, that's probably not so. But we're hoping it's stronger than that.

Back