I'm still hanging on... :)

Great to hear from you Yvsa! You continue in our thoughts and prayers. :)

Wow, It's been a long time since I've been here in the cantina!
It's good to see all the same characters here!
Yvsa! It's awesome to see you're still in the battle!!

Didn't Yangdu have a knife named after her too?

Good to see you again Yvsa. Keep on following those doctors orders.

Smoke and prayers, old timer.

Good to see your still there Yvsa. You will always be a part of the HI family. All best wishes. - Yangdu and Terisa

"Endeavor to persevere", Uncle.

I hear life is what happens while you're making plans...:foot: But I do really miss UB and Rusty.

John

Never mind what I said, I now realize it was insensitive, inappropriate, and even an attempt to take over the thread. Sorry. I hope you get well soon, Yvsa. Peace.

Last edited:
It sure seems the H.I. Cantina is awfully quiet these days, hopefully it's because of vacations and the like??? Hopefully it isn't because all of us old timers had more time on our hands besides being a lot more talkative whether we had anything to say or not. :rolleyes: :D

I fondly remember those days too; especially back when uncle Bill was with us, when the HI cantina was still part of the main HI forum. This was a crazy place back then, ripe with mysterious cave dwellers who became very excitable when ever the deal of the day was posted, and heavily infected with HIKV. IIRC our kukries were getting ever larger, and custom orders were common; so much so that the factory had once misread an order and had contacted Uncle to ask him whether someone really wanted them to make a 1-1/2" thick kukri 14' in length?! Now that would have been cool if someone could have figured out a way to ship it. :D

It is good to see you posting again.

n2s

I figure it's due to the times a changing......
Mebbe people have better things to do?....i don't know.
Everyone, especially the old timers, are encouraged to post.

As always glad to see your post, Yvsa

Nostalgia abounds...

I go through Tulsa now and then, Yvsa - I really should stop by sometime and say Hi. It's been a while.

Nice to see some familiar names here.

The Glory Days indeed!

Dan

Thanks everyone for all the encouraging words and thoughts!!! I wish I could say that the injections did not work when they were done and never have such as they once did which is really disturbing as they were usually the very best treatment I have access to, but we'll see what happens the next time they're due... :(

Our daughter still hasn't got her bed cleaned off as yet but she's got a brand new job and is on the payroll as a permanent employ instead of being a contract employ where you don't have any company benefits and being terribly busy with it she just hasn't had the time.
But life goes on much as it has except Barbie and I figured out a much better way to adjust my brace without all the hassle we used to have which is a really wonderful blessing!!!
It also seems as if I am gaining a bit of my strength back as I can now mostly get outta my recliner without Barbie's help!!! I can also get outta my computer/dinner table chair totally by myself now because of my brace and the bit of regained strength!!!:thumbup: :cool: :D

Anyway all of y'all that have called me and come by our humble abode please feel free to do so when you can!!! If the car's not in the driveway that doesn't mean I'm not here, just knock on the door and I'll gladly let you in although you may have to wait until I go take care of nature calling as it takes the highest priority of what I can physically do and especially so if I've just woken up, same with a phone call but I'll be as quick as I can be!!! ;) :)

I see it's my bedtime so I've gotta get off but I'll be back when and as I can!!! Y'all take care now, ya here? ;) :)

Always thinking of you. And sending up the occasional prayer/smoke.

You hang in there and I will, too.

Best wishes. Always.

:lol: Yvsa; you just need rest, liquids, internet access and sharply curved objects.

"Status quo" is a very good place to be these days.

Mike

Glad to hear you are doing better Yvsa! Haven't been around in a long time, but glad to see a lot of familiar faces in one post :)

Back