1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

I'm unhappy with my Victorinox Swisstool Spirit

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by Pygmalion, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Pygmalion

Pygmalion

Oct 7, 2007
    I was completely happy with my Leatherman Charge Tti. My Charge and I were getting along just fine, and then in walks the Spirit. Now the Charge has lost its place in the rotation. Just when you think you've found the perfect MT... in walks the Spirit.

2. SAKsRCool

SAKsRCool

Dec 2, 2007
    Well, tell us why you prefer the Spirit!

I happen to like them b/c of their weight compared to the other MTs.

3. cdf

cdf

Nov 12, 2004
    The Spirit is about the best designed , best implemented , and best built tool out there . I rotate between it , the Wave , the Freestyle , and the MUT - totally depends on my mood .

Chris

4. mora the explorer

mora the explorer

Jan 3, 2011
    I love the Spirit. I've tried most of the other brands and its my favourite.

5. Pygmalion

Pygmalion

Oct 7, 2007
    The fit and finish seems to be of higher quality. The angle of the handles, once opened to the plier tool, fits the natural contour of my hand better than any I've seen so far.

6. J.Mattson

J.Mattson

Sep 10, 2007
    I’ve got a pair of Swiss tool Spirits, they’re just about perfect for me needs.

7. kodiak

kodiak

Dec 24, 2002
    I carried and loved the Spirit. In the end though I needed a Diamond file. It would be PERFECT with one. So I carry Leatherman Pulse with a clip welded on.

8. huntmol

huntmol

Dec 24, 2010
    This is my favorite kind of typo. Makes me think of a pirate who is gleefully happy after finally finding the perfect multi-tool to fit his swashbuckling lifestyle.

9. ketum3

ketum3 BOUNCED EMAIL: I need to update my email address in my profile!

Dec 20, 2005
    I too really like my Spirit but heard a nasty rumor the other day that SAC's are being made in China - Is my Spririt made in China? How can I tell?

10. maethor

maethor

Mar 9, 2011
    The Spirit is definitely NOT made in China, I visited the Victorinox factory in Switzerland where every knife and multitool is assembled by the hands of swiss workers.

But, I'm a little confused, didn't you say in the title that you're unhappy with the Spirit?

11. JohnnyR

JohnnyR

Oct 23, 2006
    Me too matey. Aaarrgh! :D

12. znapschatz

znapschatz

Jan 24, 2005
    Count me in. I always appreciate Aaarrgh! for Aaarrgh!'s sake. :D

13. Pygmalion

Pygmalion

Oct 7, 2007
    Only because it was so nice that it made me rethink my favorite EDC!

14. styx

styx

Apr 21, 2010
    Don't you hate when that happens? I mean you find perfection and then by chance you find something that goes above that and just raises your expectations