I'm very proud of this website

Check this website: www.muela.org
I was in charge of translating this website. Is the site of a Spanish Knife maker named Muela. They have both production knives and some special models. A cybersquatter stole their name and for that reason and that is why they are still using a .org address.

I know, I know, no kukhuris, but I had to tell someone
:D :p

From what little I just looked over the site, they seem to have some beautiful skills.

As far as the stolen name. Has anyone checked into
any of the legal implications on this?
Do you know who stole the name in the first place. I think there may be ways to resolve this kind of situation.

Well lookie here a local! Hey tbarahon, Im here in Salinas....Only other is a guy from Santa Cruz, if you wana call him a local...I have not check out Muela knives in over 12+ years...I see some I finaly like...thanks for the link

tbarahon:

From what I've seen so far, that is a nice site.
Well done. I've seen some of their products offered by resellers on the internet. Good to get information from the source, but how to buy?? Whether my accident or intent, you have posted this on one of the most friendly places on the internet. If you like good knives, stay around, and we will convert you to the bent variety in short order. You will get a khuk!!! Did the cybersquatters also steal MuellaCo.com or muellaknives.com or muellananavaja.com and the like?? Maybe you can still outwit them.

And I want a navaja since I first see one.
Best of luck.

tbarahon,

nice looking website. It really sells the knives. (except that there are no prices listed...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: )

"cybersquatter" = "hears" that someone is looking for a certain domain name and jumps on it hoping to sell it to them at a higher price. Usually doesn't post any website of their own. Very despicable.

They tried muela.com, muela.es cuchillosmuela.com and many other different combinations, but the same cybersquatter had all those combinations and many other registered:mad: . Also the fact that the organism in charge of the domain names in Spain is a government office and not a private organization makes all the process even more difficult:( . They are under arbitration now.
On the other hand, if you are interested in one of their models, I can try to get in touch with them and see what we can arrange.
Sweet, nice to see some locals around. I thought I was the only one on the Central Coast:D .

Alex

I won a Muela skinner in a pistol competition way back in the 80's when I was living in Spain. :)

I love that knife! Great quality, fit and finish. It fits my hand better than any other knife I've owned or picked up (other than an SOG Trident), and resides in my van for emergency use (along with my Durba AK). I've been meaning to make a better sheath for it for some time now.

Alan

Hi Alan:

Where in Spain? I am from Vigo. A small town on the Atlantic Coast on the North West.

Alex

tbarahon,

nice looking website. Glad to see Muela has s web presence onw. Mostly just saw thir stuff here and there in knife catalogs.

Good show!

Keith

Originally posted by tbarahon
Hi Alan:

Where in Spain? I am from Vigo. A small town on the Atlantic Coast on the North West.

Alex

Hi Alex,

Sorry it took so long. ... had a long day at work!

I was at Torrejon AB outside of Madrid for three years. ... 82-85. I loved it there! :)

Great food, great people, great weather! Someday I want to go back for a long visit.

I never made it up to your part of the country. Most of my travelling was done between Madrid and Rota and along the Eastern coast (and all parts in between).

Alan

That is a well done site :)
Alans' Muela is the only one I have ever held in my hand, and never long enough to get the handle warm. I think he would grab it by the edge to keep me from getting away with it. Very nice knife...and I'm still scheming:rolleyes:

I had in my hands the Damascus blade with the talons as guard when they were making the photos and they had to use needle nose pliers to pull my fingers from it:D I drooled so much that I almost rusted the blade:D. They had also a hunting model with horn handles and a silver guard in the shape of two boar heads. Incredible piece! They have a silversmith sculpting those pieces one by one, and there are not two the same.

Tbarahon, soy español originalmente de Tenerife, pero criado en Sevilla. Muela is one of my favourite brands for hunting knives. It's nice to hear from a fellow Spaniard on the forums.
:)

I should be getting my SCORPION - 26N in I'll havta post up a pic...I would not have bought one if tbarahon had not listed a link + its been a looooong time since I had last checked them out...price was good dont know what it would have cost over in Carmel...

Hi El Cid:

¡Ese si que es un buen nombre! Great name! It is nice to see someone from home. How are things going on there?

Sweet, I am glad you like their pieces. In Carmel everything is expensive:rolleyes:

Alan, I also lived and went to college in that area of Spain, in a small town named Villanueva de la Cañada, between El Escorial and Brunete.

And again, if it is difficult for you to find Muela knives in USA, I can get in touch with Muela and work out something. And don't worry, I am already a convert. I have an AK 15', a PGA that I sent to Terry for a repair on the scabard (I will post pics) and a Kumar Karda.

Alex

Back