I'm waiting for the package to arrive.. with this A2 Busse

Team Gemini Mini A2 :)

View media item 8445
it's from exchange for one of my striders..
A friend of mine told me to resist this temptation, as "it's A2.. it's not infi.. you'll never sell it.. Busse is infi, edn of story"

Well, I'm not doing this to sell it right? I want it!

Heck, I'm not so sure If i'll be using it, as I'm not so sure for what? - do you guys with TG (maybe M) have some job for it? (and I love to use my knives..)

It's beauty - green and maroon - If it will look as good as in photos, I'll be lost forever and will order TGLB immediately in this combination. Even if I'm not fan of this wrinkle paint, as it's not very hard to damage, and then it looks a bit like :poop:

I'm very curious about A2 - never had one. I watched some YT, and there is this guy running Cedric & Ada channel and he made A2 test which was giving very, very good results:

I guess Busse with all their experience - they know what they are doing, right?
Do you have some experience with A2 by Busse - please share - it'll ease the pain of waiting :p

Last edited:
A2 is a great steel, and I have several non-Busse knives in it that I have put through hell with no issues. Like most, it all depends on heat treat. I’m pretty sure Jerry knows what he’s doing in that department. If you like the knife, I wouldn’t have any worries.

A2 is the steel Busse Built their indestructible brand on. Pre Straight Handle Battle Mistress days were all A2 , a few D2s mixed in also. I use my A2 blades just as hard as ANY blade out there and they beg for more. Carothers Performance also used A2. A number of my customs that get tons of use are A2. A2 is outstanding with a good Heat treat.

A2 is the steel Busse Built their indestructible brand on. Pre Straight Handle Battle Mistress days were all A2 , a few D2s mixed in also. I use my A2 blades just as hard as ANY blade out there and they beg for more. Carothers Performance also used A2. A number of my customs that get tons of use are A2. A2 is outstanding with a good Heat treat.

and ATS34 as well. But A2 was the cornerstone. I would pick Busse A2 over cpm3v done by any large manufacturer.

Nice snag! I've got the same in green with black canvas that I removed and did a Rit dye job on - I then spent a bunch of time reworking the edge angle~ she's a scary sharp shaver! Damn hard steel! I did some tree trimming with it (not the best choice for trimming HAHA) But I had to go chop something with it.
Don't fret on the *never sell it* stuff, not everyone is in it for that. I've been in sales forever and one thing I figured out long ago is, there's someone out there for everything with a price tag LOL!

dyed grn canvas tgm.jpg
tgm fire edge.jpg
tgmdyedndone.jpg

Leonardo63 Leonardo63 about re-profiling the edge - I heave the same experience with INFI when I did my NFNO on WE - I even start to suspect that my diamonds are gone :( but after reading some FAQ on WE website where they mention that diamonds need some "adjustment time" (or whatever it's called..) and it usually takes around 30 knives to sharpen.. (!) I realize that it's quite serious, and my diamonds are perfectly fine. On the other hand it's extremely easy to bring it back to scary sharp on strop in no time.. (I like this stuff a lot!):thumbsup:

Did you do convex? and if yes on what type of sharpener/system? Imade V edge on nfno, but it was not best for this knife, and I'm going to bring it back to convex asap.

Then If someone can direct me to some tutorial how to reinstall scales to look like original ones - please.. I then can consider stripping my ASH and do the bead blasting to have my own DC ASH :p

Package with my TGM is (still) on the way.. :rolleyes::mad::confused::D

Last edited:
Leonardo63 Leonardo63 about re-profiling the edge - I heave the same experience with INFI when I did my NFNO on WE - I even start to suspect that my diamonds are gone :( but after reading some FAQ on WE website where they mention that diamonds need some "adjustment time" (or whatever it's called..) and it usually takes around 30 knives to sharpen.. (!) I realize that it's quite serious, and my diamonds are perfectly fine. On the other hand it's extremely easy to bring it back to scary sharp on strop in no time.. (I like this stuff a lot!):thumbsup:

Did you do convex? and if yes on what type of sharpener/system? Imade V edge on nfno, but it was not best for this knife, and I'm going to bring it back to convex asap.

Then If someone can direct me to some tutorial how to reinstall scales to look like original ones - please.. I then can consider stripping my ASH and do the bead blasting to have my own DC ASH :p

Package with my TGM is (still) on the way.. :rolleyes::mad::confused::D
I did sharpening on an "Edge Pro" hell of a long time to get it cut down is my lasting memory of it. As for the tubes, I used my BG BATAC shop beater to learn on. My best advice is don't skimp on an arbor press and buy the flaring dies made for the job from tool steel. USA Knifemaker where I got mine and get a good assortment of mil-spec seamless SS tubing. If I got into doing a bunch of them I'd get a mini-lathe for cutting and dressing to save a lot of time but that would be a luxury item, simple tools and a little sweat equity will do it especially if you just want to do 1 or 2.

^this all the way! Having seen how great A2 is on other knives I have no doubts that a Busse in A2 is good to go. I forgot about those A2 TGLB's congrats!

The really cool thing about A2 that INFI can't do is that you can actually blue it! :D

The really cool thing about A2 that INFI can't do is that you can actually blue it! :D
Did you say blue it? LOL! Yep, sure can! She took to color like a Hog to the trough, great steel for going that route. She doesn't like to sit around naked for long I can tell you that. With the right conditions she'll about oxidize before your eyes but man, it's hard tool steel. I understand they make jackhammer points from A2. This is the full size A2 that I stripped, dressed up pretty with hours upon house of stoning out marks and turned it dark as a blue black night as I could. Did this a while back and she is still a beauty and it's held up like a champ.

bluedTG2.jpg

Where is that thing Nuter? Coming from Australia? or going to Australia? the mail is in a disaster right now so it's probably anyone's guess.

Last edited:
Leonardo63 Leonardo63 that looks fantastic! It's shame there's no food-safe blueing agent (not that I know of at least)....that's the only drawback I can think of.

Nice work with that stripper! :cool:

I just got it!
There you go : (light no good.. so let say picture no good as well)

It's a light knife (to my surprise). Kind of "compact" one. Color combo is a killer in person. The sheath visible in first post (I'll make some better pics later) is thick as hell - fits to Busse philosophy perfectly (I guess you could pry bar car door with it or smack a zombie with it with some spectacular effects for sure)
Handle is good for my large size hands.
Well after I unwrapped it, it was just "wow.. i love it!"

View media item 8460

Does A2 take a patina? Just plain stick it through an orange or jalapeno would fix oxidation issues right up.

If foods affect it I mean. I've never owned an A2 blade. So.......

Leonardo63 Leonardo63 that looks fantastic! It's shame there's no food-safe blueing agent (not that I know of at least)....that's the only drawback I can think of.

Nice work with that stripper! :cool:
Right with the food safe stuff- but, it's not 100% but almost completely done with a hot vinegar method.

Nuter Nuter ~ that's sweet! That's a great maroon set of slabs.

I have an a2tg. It's a nice knife. Havent used it yet, beating up a stripped bgtg in the meantime.

I think the a2tg is a knife that is underappreciated right now but will become more important as collectors want to fill the hole in their tg collection.

Back