IMA Knife Show Munich, 30./31. Oct. PICS

Here are some pics from the IMA which was held two weeks ago in Munich, Germany. The quality isn´t the best due to the bad light and my small camera. Enjoy it, if You have any questions about some knifes or makers, just asked - I handled very much of this stuff ;)

Fritz Schneider (who invented the stainless damascus steel together with R. Hehn many years ago)
IMA4.jpg

Franz Weinberger, who makes some nice, affordable hunting and tactical knives - and also "prehistoric" flintstone knives.
IMA5.jpg

Bud Weston, an american Knifemaker with czech roots who lives in Czech Republic now. Very nice Folders. The second pic is a piece of art from a friend of him.
IMA10.jpg

IMA9.jpg

A very large, beautiful big blade from Andreas Schweikert. This knife has perfect fit and finish!
IMA22.jpg

Folders by Ulrich Hennicke who forges his own damascus and tool steel. Superior (and to expensive for me :( )
IMA24.jpg

Some also very nice fixed blades by Uli.
IMA23.jpg

Art knife by Werner Schirmer. The inlays in the handle and the sheath are made out of real glas eyes from his aunt or so. Looks kind of scary, but really cool!
The next pic shows other very nixe design pieces of him.
IMA25.jpg

IMA27.jpg

Nice fixed blades from Jürgen Schanz. The big knifes have blades 1/2 inches thick. Crazy!
IMA30.jpg

The left one is from Jockl Greiss made from J. Rados damast. He only uses files and so, and the fit&finish is about the best You can get. The right one is another knife from Andreas Schweikert.
IMA20.jpg

Markus Becker. The fixes has a handle made from cast silver, the folders use a new locking system invented by him. You can flip the open one handed. Some of them have a cigar cutter or scalpel blades fitted in the handle.
IMA19.jpg

Knives from Norbert Leitner. His knives are very ergonomic look elegant. Very well balanced.
IMA17.jpg

Knives from J. Spitzl, who works in the shop of Dietmar Kressler.
IMA14.jpg

Sorry, don´t remember the maker.
IMA15.jpg

That´s the knife I bought from Bob Ball, Alaska. BG-42 overall length 176mm, a really nice little cutter. I gave it to my wife as a present because she liked it so much.
Ball_Robert_front.jpg

Ball_Robert_unten.jpg

SharpByCoop

Enjoying the discussions
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Thank you, thank you! Such amazing work by unknown-to-me makers. I have MANY favorites in the bunch!

I loved every photo. :)

Coop

Thanks for sharing!
It is interesting to see different names and styles whenever it is possible.

Dawkind

Platinum Member
Great pictures of great knives! Thanks so much for taking the time to post them and their makers names and info......:cool: :)

Dawkind said:
Great pictures of great knives! Thanks so much for taking the time to post them and their makers names and info......:cool: :)

Ditto! Really nice of you! I'm guessing you had a good time :)....

Thanks for all Your answers ! With this feedback, it will always be a pleasure to do this kind of reviews.
If I had a good time ? Hey, I bought a knife, that should answer it ! :D

Thank you for the great pics. Some of the knives really hit my spot - and I'm pretty hard to please. ;)

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to see such a nice bunch of knives. I particularly like the Fritz Schneider fighter anf the Jockl Greiss bowie.

Crashlander,

Any idea what the prices were for (1) the big Schneider integral, 2nd knife from top, and (2) the Schweikert integral?

Thanks,

Joss

Hi Joss,

the Schneider integral didn´t have a price tag, but I would suggest something about EUR 1900 or even more.
the Schweikert knife was EUR 1800.
You´ve got a good eye for the cheapos :D

Thanks a million for sharing these pics with us crashlander - it's great to see the work of so many new (to us) makers. Joss picked out my favorites as well.

Cheers,

Roger