Imagine, if you will...

If you're using hidden pins you might consider using threaded rod. It will grip the epoxy better. Don't forget to do a dry run to make sure you have your depth right, it would suck to put it together and not get it all the way down because one of the pins bottomed out.

You probably don't develop as much retention as a full pin, so I think more is better.

20190528_111244.jpg

If you're using hidden pins you might consider using threaded rod. It will grip the epoxy better. Don't forget to do a dry run to make sure you have your depth right, it would suck to put it together and not get it all the way down because one of the pins bottomed out.

You probably don't develop as much retention as a full pin, so I think more is better.

View attachment 1139078

It's like you read my mind! Pretty much my plan, verbatim.

The depth of the front and back fastener, due to the thickness of the scale, is less than 1X Diameter, which I would usually look to exceed. Can't be helped, so the alternative to increase surface area was to use some threaded stock. I'll also dimple/drill the back of the scales.

Starting the rough shaping. I imagine I will like what I am imagining if it comes out like I imagine.

20190602_152531-01-jpg.1138852

That is going to look so clean!!!! :thumbsup:

Back